Niles Paul's workout

knapplc

This guy made at least 3 of the 10 dumbest plays in the history of Nebraska football. By himself. It should not be a surprise that lot of people feel that the negative vastly outweighs the positive with Niles Paul.

The Iowa State fumble

The other Iowa State fumble

The Texas Tech lateral

None of this "he's a Husker!" crap. The guy's a shmuck.

I didn't even list the horrific drops. Just think back on some of the mortifying crap this guy did on the field. It boggles the mind. He is a blooper reel. No debate here, folks.

• Fire 1

Then he'd fumble it on the way to the endzone...

Unfortunately that will be what Niles Paul will be remembered for. Niles Paul is the ultimate poster child for gross under-achievement.

You can remember him for that, if you like. I'll remember him for a ton of great plays, instead of several failures. I'll go with flexing in the end zone after a touchdown against Arizona.

I truly wish that was the memory I could go with. Instead the game against Iowa State keeps popping up. I still, to this day, ask myself how in the world can anyone fumble the ball away without even being hit?

you could ask the same thing of Billy Sims (rb Oklahoma 78 I think), he fumble the winning score away in the fourth quarter, Huskers win 17-14, rrematch in orange bowl---Sooners win 31-24. Sometimes even great players lose focus. Some more often that others.