Niles Paul's workout

knapplc

i bet this took an entire day to shoot. that had to be take 247 or something. They have hours of Niles successfully nailing the backflip but dropping the ball. well that catch and backflip will come in handy about never in what NFL career he has. How about you run some legit routes and catch the ball and not fumble that would impress me more to be honest. Good thing he is big and fast or the NFL would have crapped all over this guy, how does he get a chance on a team and Nate Swift doesnt.

Actually, he did it on the third try. This was after he had already done his route running slash 1v.1 workout. They were just messing around having some fun is all. Too bad you have to be so negative towards this pretty cool ability. Not many other people that can do it.

• Fire 1

its cool and all but i dont think it would really be all that hard. really a backflip is a relatively easy flip to do and he is just jumping up catching the ball and then flipping. not downplaying because like was said above not many people could do it but thats because not many people can do a backflip!

now catch it while doing a frontflip and then i would be impressed.

Then he'd fumble it on the way to the endzone...

Unfortunately that will be what Niles Paul will be remembered for. Niles Paul is the ultimate poster child for gross under-achievement.

You can remember him for that, if you like. I'll remember him for a ton of great plays, instead of several failures. I'll go with flexing in the end zone after a touchdown against Arizona.

I truly wish that was the memory I could go with. Instead the game against Iowa State keeps popping up. I still, to this day, ask myself how in the world can anyone fumble the ball away without even being hit?

It's literally the most bone-headed play I've ever seen.

Unfortunately that will be what Niles Paul will be remembered for. Niles Paul is the ultimate poster child for gross under-achievement.

You can remember him for that, if you like. I'll remember him for a ton of great plays, instead of several failures. I'll go with flexing in the end zone after a touchdown against Arizona.

A ton of great plays? You must have him confused with someone else.

How about the kick return for a touchdown on the road at ranked Oklahoma St.? Do you remember that one?

We're disputing that Niles Paul had great plays? He had both great plays and bone-headed plays. Both should be remembered, but as a Husker, I would think Husker Fans would give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't understand why that's so hard for so many people.

A ton of great plays? You must have him confused with someone else.

WTF??????????

We're disputing that Niles Paul had great plays? He had both great plays and bone-headed plays. Both should be remembered, but as a Husker, I would think Husker Fans would give him the benefit of the doubt. I don't understand why that's so hard for so many people.

Nah. I'm normally about the biggest sunshine pumper here, but goddamn I hate Niles Paul.

I truly wish that was the memory I could go with. Instead the game against Iowa State keeps popping up. I still, to this day, ask myself how in the world can anyone fumble the ball away without even being hit?

I think he fumbled it twice on the same play, once 10 yards from the end zone - then he practically had control of the ball and fumbled it again in the end zone. IIRC And don't forget the backward pass. That's another one that I scratch my head over.

I think he fumbled it twice on the same play, once 10 yards from the end zone - then he practically had control of the ball and fumbled it again in the end zone. IIRC And don't forget the backward pass. That's another one that I scratch my head over.

Those losses to ISU and TT still have me scratching my head.

i bet this took an entire day to shoot. that had to be take 247 or something. They have hours of Niles successfully nailing the backflip but dropping the ball. well that catch and backflip will come in handy about never in what NFL career he has. How about you run some legit routes and catch the ball and not fumble that would impress me more to be honest. Good thing he is big and fast or the NFL would have crapped all over this guy, how does he get a chance on a team and Nate Swift doesnt.

Actually, he did it on the third try. This was after he had already done his route running slash 1v.1 workout. They were just messing around having some fun is all. Too bad you have to be so negative towards this pretty cool ability. Not many other people that can do it.

I agree that not many people can do that. Hell I can't do that and I played DT in high school... :box

Anyhoo...Niles Paul is the poster child for under-achievement. I understand that he had a suck a** position coach and an OC who spent more time combing his hair than devising game plans. Be that as it may that still doesn't negate or exclude the fact that when he was actually thrown the ball in 3rd down and other clutch situations he was about as reliable as Stevie Wonder giving direct eye witness testimony.

I root for Niles in the NFL but he was essentially a bust at Nebraska.

I'll remember him for dropping an NU record 94,398 passes

Probably the best :star :star :star :star blocker we ever recruited ... he blocked on the plays he wanted to. He also caught the passes that didn't ever really matter. He always had me "hopin'" he'd come through ... which made watching him very exciting ... never knowing or expecting much of anything good from him.

For me, he wasn't just a bust ... cause the guys mistakes lost games ... and his leadership also hurt ... didn't expect this from him.

I call it the Leon Lett phenomenon.

Leon Lett was a great player, but no one remembers that. They just remember the bone-headed play(s) he made. Niles wasn't even all that great, but his circus act plays are legendary.

• Fire 1