Pelini: No need to rush on new hire

Nexus

I wouldn't mind Pelini as the DB coach. The guy played it in college and coached it in the pros for a couple of years. I could see the decision backfiring on him, too.

Wow, talk about playing both sides of the field on that one. Yes, I could see this working, hmmm then again it might not though.

How am I playing both sides of the coin? I said I wouldn't mind the move, not that I hated it. I only stated that I could see it backfiring.

So youre pretty much seeing it the same as every situation that ever has, is, and ever will pop up in the world. Youre decision will either work, or it wont. Right? :thumbs

i think it's easier to just never decide...then the decision will either go away, or it won't...but if you never decide you can guarentee it will neither work, nor not work...which is what i've heard called "risk adversity" in my line of work.

Now how the hell can you argue with that. You must have a gov't job.

I wouldn't mind Pelini as the DB coach. The guy played it in college and coached it in the pros for a couple of years. I could see the decision backfiring on him, too.

Wow, talk about playing both sides of the field on that one. Yes, I could see this working, hmmm then again it might not though.

How am I playing both sides of the coin? I said I wouldn't mind the move, not that I hated it. I only stated that I could see it backfiring.

So youre pretty much seeing it the same as every situation that ever has, is, and ever will pop up in the world. Youre decision will either work, or it wont. Right? :thumbs

Pretty much. Isn't that how it goes? :dunno

Pretty much. Isn't that how it goes? :dunno

I guess I could see it that way, but then again, I might not be able to.

So my decision to try and convince you didnt work? Darn. Guess I shoulda been like kcchris the politician and not do anything. chuckleshuffle

kind of like Bo? (see this came full circle back to the original topic)

Checkmate. You can't explain that.

Wrong. Bo IS going to do something, just MAYBE not immediately. Ouch. Threw a wrench into the whole thing. Checkmate that. :rickjames

• Fire 1

So my decision to try and convince you didnt work? Darn. Guess I shoulda been like kcchris the politician and not do anything. chuckleshuffle

Wrong. Bo IS going to do something, just MAYBE not immediately. Ouch. Threw a wrench into the whole thing. Checkmate that. :rickjames

you can't triple stamp a double stamp Lloyd.

you can't triple stamp a double stamp Lloyd.

:clap

I personally think Bo has had a plan all along, dating way back to many days prior to Marvin announcing his resignation. Now it seems to me that Raymond was a temporary hire all along. Now his may have been a year or two shorter than anticipated, but I feel that Bo was basically using him as a bridge until he can get ahold of the guy he wants. Maybe it turned out that he can, and that is why he encouraged Raymond to head for his home. And maybe this new hire wont quite be available until summer or so. Who knows. I just have a feeling that we'll be very happy with this choice, and that it was probably the plan all along. Just a thought. Bo has a plan and is putting pieces in place little by little. Folks need to understand that it takes some time to develop chemistry within a group, and I think Bo is off to a good start in that by getting guys he wants. What good is a big name if they dont believe in the same philosophies or get along well.

interesting, Bo is picking up some very inexperienced guys for position coaches..........that no one else is clamoring to hire.. very different philosophy, compared to the big name coaches he is competing with...........gulp.

Considering one of THE top programs just cherry picked one, and it took two offers to do so. And the guy was a "questionable" hire to begin with. :confucius

Fact is, for some if not many, Bo is on this status that he simply cannot do a damn thing right. I believe a national championship at this point wouldnt even please some folks.

Par for the course.