Breakthrough in North Korea?

South Korea's armed forces number nearly 700,000, and they are backed by about 28,000 U.S. troops. But analysts say that even though the North's army far outnumbers the combined South Korean and U.S. troop levels, the North's forces would stand no chance of winning a war because their equipment was vastly inferior. Experts say that while the North might have the early edge in any war, U.S. and South Korean air power alone would quickly turn the advantage their way.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/04/us-korea-north-military-idUSTRE8030C820120104

Napoleon said that an army marches on its stomach...

As much as half of North Korea's army is starving as food shortages that were previously affecting only the civilian population worsen and begin to affect institutions tasked with protecting Kim Jong-Il's regime.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/northkorea/8759125/Half-of-North-Koreas-army-starving.html

So, Sub, why would SK or the US invade NK? You seem to believe that it is a genuine threat. Why?

What I said was North Korea views it as a threat, and because they view it as a threat are more likely to launch a preemptive first strike.

If you still insist that I posted what you just said I said, please cite the post.

Our resident "Carl Clausewitz" (aka Sub) is just astounding us with his knowledge of tactics.

I would prefer Gilbert "Marquis de" Lafayette instead.

When arrested by the Austrians, he claimed American citizenship rather than French.

Nah, Clausewitz... he was a know it all douchebag too :)

South Korea's armed forces number nearly 700,000, and they are backed by about 28,000 U.S. troops. But analysts say that even though the North's army far outnumbers the combined South Korean and U.S. troop levels, the North's forces would stand no chance of winning a war because their equipment was vastly inferior. Experts say that while the North might have the early edge in any war, U.S. and South Korean air power alone would quickly turn the advantage their way.

http://www.reuters.c...E8030C820120104

Terror? I don't think that terror is the right word.

One million men, even if each were only armed with a Kalashnikov and 100 rounds, could make a huge mess of things.

And what Carl stated earlier, makes even more sense, with what sub said...

You forgot the part where he calls you a prick and stops talking to you.

Take it to the shed, a-hole.

What for? You're already in the process of resorting to ad hominem style nonsense, just like before. Giving you yet another forum would only do what I thought was impossible: waste even more of my time than your 'arguments.' You've wasted enough of it already, thanks.

So, Sub, why would SK or the US invade NK? You seem to believe that it is a genuine threat. Why?

What I said was North Korea views it as a threat, and because they view it as a threat are more likely to launch a preemptive first strike.

If you still insist that I posted what you just said I said, please cite the post.

Why do they view it as a threat? They know just as well as you and I do that SK and the US has zero incentive to invade NK. They may tell their own people that SK is a threat, but that does not mean that it's true.

You're smart enough to know that you're just repeating a NK talking point. A talking point, I might add, that has no connection to reality.

• Fire 1