Brian Rosenthal of LJS confirms that Doc Sadler has been fired

I'm not really very knowledgeable about the game of basketball, but of course I always watch when the Huskers are on and I would watch alot more if they were good. What was Doc, as a coach, lacking? Although I didn't actually know him, I did like his demeanor.

I'm not really very knowledgeable about the game of basketball, but of course I always watch when the Huskers are on and I would watch alot more if they were good. What was Doc, as a coach, lacking? Although I didn't actually know him, I did like his demeanor.

There is no question that Doc Sadler is a very good, genuine human being, and he represented the University of Nebraska with pure class. As a coach he excelled in having teams that played tough defense, but where he was lacking in his coaching abilities was in recruiting and coaching offense.

There is no other way to say it, Doc's basketball offense was abysmal. And while his offense was very hard to watch at times, it is my opinion that his biggest downfall was in recruiting. He relied to heavily on recruiting JUCO players, and trying to recruit players from overseas. As a result in his 6 year tenure at Nebraska, 38% of Doc's recruits did not finish their careers in Lincoln. That pretty much sums up the Doc Sadler era at Nebraska. He was, and still is a great man, but the plan he used to try to be successful at Nebraska was average at best.