Catholic Church Cont'd

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ Wrong answer - I ponted out the two terrible options and that one was to marry her rapist and the other was to be homeless and glean fields to survive. I stated that at that time the men of that day thought it was a good idea. I couldn't tell you what a woman of that time would do. :thumbs

Actually johnny, you're wrong. You did tell us what you thought the best option was for the raped women. (Did you already forget the argument that you made yesterday?)

http://www.huskerboa...post__p__939255

I am sure that would have been the best option for her. . . . If she had been raped then she would no longer be a virgin and no one would want to marry her. She would have no way to earn a living because only men owned land and she couldn't survive without a male.

I did forget and that was wrong but you guys have not come up with- what is the woman to do now that she has been raped. You have no answers as to what you would do for the woman. And it isn't even a fair assumption because if you lived back then you wouldn't think the way you do today, so you have no adequate answer because you would have done what every man in Israel did, they lived by the old testament. So don't act like you have done anything different. :xcuse

I did forget and that was wrong but you guys have not come up with- what is the woman to do now that she has been raped. You have no answers as to what you would do for the woman. And it isn't even a fair assumption because if you lived back then you wouldn't think the way you do today, so you have no adequate answer because you would have done what every man in Israel did, they lived by the old testament. So don't act like you have done anything different.

Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny, Johnny. You have been answered, several times, on what would happen to the woman back then. You may not like the answers because they don't fit into your personal little box, but you've been given an answer.

knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, You gave me answers with your way of thinking in the present but that is misleading. If you were a Jew and living in the time of the old testament you would have thought as they did back then, so your answers are not realisitic given what you would have done during the time of Deuteronomy. :lol:

knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, knapplc, You gave me answers with your way of thinking in the present but that is misleading. If you were a Jew and living in the time of the old testament you would have thought as they did back then, so your answers are not realisitic given what you would have done during the time of Deuteronomy. :lol:

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

LINK 1

LINK 2

I did forget and that was wrong but you guys have not come up with- what is the woman to do now that she has been raped. You have no answers as to what you would do for the woman. And it isn't even a fair assumption because if you lived back then you wouldn't think the way you do today, so you have no adequate answer because you would have done what every man in Israel did, they lived by the old testament. So don't act like you have done anything different. :xcuse

What I would do for the woman is set up a support system. Hopefully have the woman's friends and family support her through the emotional crisis she will be going through. Help give her information on PTSD and offer her assurance that I'm there to help her. Set them up with counseling if they are willing to talk. That's just a few suggestions. And much better suggestions than forcing her to marry her rapist or stoning her to death for no longer being a virgin. Really simple suggestions that wouldn't have taken up much more space in the bible than what's already laid out. A just and merciful god should realize this.

What I would do for the woman is set up a support system. Hopefully have the woman's friends and family support her through the emotional crisis she will be going through. Help give her information on PTSD and offer her assurance that I'm there to help her. Set them up with counseling if they are willing to talk. That's just a few suggestions. And much better suggestions than forcing her to marry her rapist or stoning her to death for no longer being a virgin. Really simple suggestions that wouldn't have taken up much more space in the bible than what's already laid out. A just and merciful god should realize this.

benny, it's God's will. We can't question that. Come on, now.

Couldn't the woman and her family move to a new town and sort of start over? She can say she was a virgin, and the people there wouldn't know that she was raped (although not sure how fast things like that can get around from town to town). One can always say she may not be a virgin in body, but a virgin in heart.

And you would not have thought like that in their time. You would have done what all the other men did. Yeah, during Deuteronomy they had professional counciling and psychologists, you guys are something else. In this day and age yes, back then you would not have done or even thought about any of that. I can see you setting up your tent and having them come in and sit down on your couch maybe give them some goat milk and then go all freudian on them, yeah right. You guys are all in denial, to think that you would have been these knights in shining armor 4,000 years ago, it really is comical. :rolleyes:

You have no answers as to what you would do for the woman.

The woman can do what she wishes. What I WOULDN'T do is force her to marry her rapist. What I WOULDN'T do is tell her that marrying her rapist is her best option.

today you wouldn't, you can't seem to fathom were are talking about men and a culture 4,000 years old and if you were part of that culture you would have done the exact thing. I would agree with you if we are talking about modern times, I feel the same way but you really think that you would have not obeyed the old testament 4,000 years ago? You are crazy and in denial!! !! eyeswear2allthatsholy

And you would not have thought like that in their time. You would have done what all the other men did. Yeah, during Deuteronomy they had professional counciling and psychologists, you guys are something else. In this day and age yes, back then you would not have done or even thought about any of that. I can see you setting up your tent and having them come in and sit down on your couch maybe give them some goat milk and then go all freudian on them, yeah right. You guys are all in denial, to think that you would have been these knights in shining armor 4,000 years ago, it really is comical.

Why did your God sentence women to marry their rapists back then, but not today? Has God changed?

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

LINK 1

LINK 2

rif-logo-blue_large.gif

LINK 1

LINK 2

knapplc, knapplc, knapplc,Troll tactics, Nice!! :rollin

And you would not have thought like that in their time. You would have done what all the other men did. Yeah, during Deuteronomy they had professional counciling and psychologists, you guys are something else. In this day and age yes, back then you would not have done or even thought about any of that. I can see you setting up your tent and having them come in and sit down on your couch maybe give them some goat milk and then go all freudian on them, yeah right. You guys are all in denial, to think that you would have been these knights in shining armor 4,000 years ago, it really is comical.

Why did your God sentence women to marry their rapists back then, but not today? Has God changed?

God Hasn't changed but he sent Jesus and now there is the new testament. chuckleshuffle