Catholic Church Cont'd

I did forget and that was wrong but you guys have not come up with- what is the woman to do now that she has been raped. You have no answers as to what you would do for the woman. And it isn't even a fair assumption because if you lived back then you wouldn't think the way you do today, so you have no adequate answer because you would have done what every man in Israel did, they lived by the old testament. So don't act like you have done anything different. :xcuse

What I would do for the woman is set up a support system. Hopefully have the woman's friends and family support her through the emotional crisis she will be going through. Help give her information on PTSD and offer her assurance that I'm there to help her. Set them up with counseling if they are willing to talk. That's just a few suggestions. And much better suggestions than forcing her to marry her rapist or stoning her to death for no longer being a virgin. Really simple suggestions that wouldn't have taken up much more space in the bible than what's already laid out. A just and merciful god should realize this.

And you would not have thought like that in their time. You would have done what all the other men did. Yeah, during Deuteronomy they had professional counciling and psychologists, you guys are something else. In this day and age yes, back then you would not have done or even thought about any of that. I can see you setting up your tent and having them come in and sit down on your couch maybe give them some goat milk and then go all freudian on them, yeah right. You guys are all in denial, to think that you would have been these knights in shining armor 4,000 years ago, it really is comical.

Why did your God sentence women to marry their rapists back then, but not today? Has God changed?

God Hasn't changed but he sent Jesus and now there is the new testament.

"I am the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow."

What are you saying that God can never enjoy anything except what he wrote in the old testament, that's crazy? So he can't enjoy a new baby because it is the 21st century. He can not enjoy man building great cities because they didn't have sky scrapers 4,000 years ago. God can not accept pavement and concrete or any other invention man made because it was not around 4,000 years ago, that is very strange.!!! :xcuse

And you would not have thought like that in their time. You would have done what all the other men did. Yeah, during Deuteronomy they had professional counciling and psychologists, you guys are something else. In this day and age yes, back then you would not have done or even thought about any of that. I can see you setting up your tent and having them come in and sit down on your couch maybe give them some goat milk and then go all freudian on them, yeah right. You guys are all in denial, to think that you would have been these knights in shining armor 4,000 years ago, it really is comical. :rolleyes:

I don't know why you're not understanding this. I'm not saying how I would react. Or how humans would have reacted back then. We know the cultures were different than they are today. But nothing I've been commenting on has anything to do with the culture of the time. Rather, it has to do with the laws your god commanded. I'm fine with fallible humans. But an immoral law given to these humans by a god who is supposed to be just and merciful? Why didn't he just tell them to lock up the rapist and care for the woman in a humane way? Why was that so hard to dictate to his chosen people?

Couldn't the woman and her family move to a new town and sort of start over? She can say she was a virgin, and the people there wouldn't know that she was raped (although not sure how fast things like that can get around from town to town). One can always say she may not be a virgin in body, but a virgin in heart.

unfortunately I don't think that would have worked. As I mentioned above in Deuteronomy 22:13-21...they apparently had ways of determining if a woman was still a virgin (blood on the cloth from her first having sex with her husband). Then they have just cause to stone her to death...obviously.

• Fire 2

Found this by accident today. It seems to fit the general feeling that most of us have about religious discussions, no matter which side of the fence we're on. This is supposed to be a funny/ironical post, so if you're offended, my apologies...

146367056609712544_WdgfJjJ6_f.jpg

Found this by accident today. It seems to fit the general feeling that most of us have about religious discussions, no matter which side of the fence we're on. This is supposed to be a funny/ironical post, so if you're offended, my apologies...

"Funny." This same picture could be used to ascribe the liberal mentality when pondering any idea originating from the center or right.

:lol:

"Funny." This same picture could be used to ascribe the liberal mentality when pondering any idea originating from the center or right.

Or the Conservative mentality when pondering an idea from the center or left. Works all ways, for all things, all positions, depending on your point of view.

How about the religion of peace? You know the one were you strap a bomb to your chest and go into a daycare. The one that treats women as slaves. The one that mutilates womens sexual organs. That one that is involved in nearly every major conflict on this planet. I'm pretty sure that is in the readings. You're a big 'progressive' right?

Nevermind, it's way more mainstream to question those dirty christians.

Christianity, the religion of peace? Quite funny ;)

Or the Conservative mentality when pondering an idea from the center or left. Works all ways, for all things, all positions, depending on your point of view.

I'm thinking better then liberal or conservative just replace "religion" with "message board posters" and that picture would be perfect.

He can not enjoy man building great cities because they didn't have sky scrapers 4,000 years ago. God can not accept pavement and concrete or any other invention man made because it was not around 4,000 years ago, that is very strange.!!! :xcuse

They did have skyscrapers 4,000 years ago called the Tower of Babel and El got pissed because they came together instead of multplying.