Pederson...How does this Title make you feel?

I'd like to know how TO motivated players. Seriously. TO is a great man, I just can't see him getting in players faces to motivate them like some people would like Callahan and Co to do. In fact, TO and McBride commented on sometimes they would simply leave the locker room and Christian Peter would give a nice little chat to the team. ;)

Sorry, I don't buy the motivation part. Sure, the coaches have to maintain a good attitude and encourage the players etc, etc. But the real motivation comes from within the players themselves IMO.

I'd like to know how TO motivated players. Seriously. TO is a great man, I just can't see him getting in players faces to motivate them like some people would like Callahan and Co to do. In fact, TO and McBride commented on sometimes they would simply leave the locker room and Christian Peter would give a nice little chat to the team. ;)

Sorry, I don't buy the motivation part. Sure, the coaches have to maintain a good attitude and encourage the players etc, etc. But the real motivation comes from within the players themselves IMO.

From what I've been told by players that played for TO, he didn't get in anyone's face to motivate them. There are other ways. They said TO was like a preacher. When he came in and said he was disappointed in them or things don't look good, this motivated the team. I can't remember which game it was, but it was during a NC year. TO came in at half and said something like things aren't going very well gentleman. They said he had a tear in the corner of his eye, and then he walked out. I guess all hell broke loose in the locker room. Then we came out in the 2nd half and kicked butt.

There are other ways of motivating players other than getting in their face and yelling and screaming. I realize our military hasn't figured this out yet, but man I thought we knew TO better than that!

Its hard to get intense, when your coach cant teach or motivate :wacko:

Do you believe that a coach should have to motivate players?? The players know what its all about, don't they? They know that any Big 12 win is a big win and Mangino telling his fans not to tear down the goal posts after they beat Nebraska should have been enough motivation for any NU player. The captains, Ross and Bullocks are seniors and they should be the one's that motivate the other players. Coaches shouldn't have to motivate players.

TO's motivation was anything but. All he did was go over a quick checklist about responsibilites and then left with about 7 minutes to go and the players then took over.

Title: Huskers are History!

Oh, did anyone hear Callahan blame his players again on Big Red Wrap-up? He took the loss as lack of intensity. Wow, sad times my fellow Huskers.

I so glad that we finally have a coach who isn't afraid to step up to the plate and soudly blame the players. Even though his D coordinator came from a scool with a rotten defense (until he left, that is), and he and his staff have been the common denominator in his road losses, he is able to fight through that adversity and bravely point out that he has bad players.

Huzzah! BC! Huzzah!

then we have no leaders on this team.......