Turkish get-ups

The arty linked below states that the D-line is enforcing accountability, such as if a player is late to a meeting or otherwise messing up, by doing Turkish get-ups.

http://espn.go.com/b...nse-put-to-test

I was interested in a Turkish get-up since I have never heard of it. The link below shows a pictorial series of sketches of the Turkish get-up.

http://www.bestkettlebellworkout.com/the-turkish-getup/

Personally, I like the embedded video. Click on it.

This is the other quote that caught my attention

As a defensive lineman, I have five responsibilities, where other defensive linemen, all they've got to do is shoot their gap. - Jared Crick

I know that I have no say whatsoever in how Nebraska utilizes the DL but this is flat out ridiculous. Use the DL to attack. This soft, lazy, patty-cake approach makes me want to vomit.

Last year, we were a little bit passive... - Rick Kaczenski

Ya think? :facepalm:

You and I picked out the same quote. I'm glad to hear that he is making the D-Line play more aggressive and not just play paddy-cake with the OL anymore.

I'm all for playing within our scheme, but it shouldn't take superhuman ability (aka Suh) to get pressure on an offense. It was frustrating to watch our d-line get pushed three yards off the ball, the backers get wedged behind the linemen and see a running back gash us for five yards, consistently.

Taking out coverage sacks, I wonder how many occured in less than four-five seconds.

Like it or not, Alabama is the standard on defense in college football today. When I watch the Tide, hell every SEC defense, I don't see their respective DL's playing a soft catty-cake style. The ball is snapped and they get off the line, attack, and come at opposing offenses like a pack of raging pitbulls. That's what I want to see. Leave the multiple responsibilities to the LBs and DBs.