Khiry Cooper to transfer to Tulsa

We'll see about the "addition by subtraction" situation. I'm getting the impression that may be the case too - even if Pap is in over his head. I'm pretty concerned about the defense this year. Hopefully Papuchis surprises me and he's fully ready to grasp the reins, but I'm afraid we'll see the effects of a defense left somewhat rudderless over the last couple of years, combined with the growing pains of a first-time coordinator (like Beck last year).

Not getting into what was going on with Carl, but there should be a lot less distractions with him in Florida. Hopefully that translates to better play on the field.

We all know I'm not happy w/ the JP promotion...but from a "glass is half full" perspective - the JP promotion means Bo will have a bigger role on the defense than I believe he had last year. Nothing but good can come from that. The second thing that will happen is Bo will have a smaller role with the offense than I believe he had last year. Similarly, nothing but good can come from that.

Fair or unfair, true or untrue I haven't been able to get a real grasp on it yet but its sounding like Carl was having some impact on decision he shouldn't have. I think he was a stresser in the program and it probably wasn't known 100% until this last season or to what degree until he left. Sounds as though there is a lot of addition by subtraction there.

I only bring this up because its been whispered that TM's dad was in Carl's ear a lot about the number of practice reps the back ups were seeing. I find it somewhat hard to believe that a parent has that type of influence and I don't think by any stretch of the imagination that if it did have an influence it would be very minor to almost none. I know Carl tried it with Watson and that was part of the fraction there, I don't know about Beck. But eventually a guy can wear down a little and give in because its easier.

Woah.

A lot of the ticky tacky grapevine stuff has been real negative on Carl, in more ways than just not liking the guy. I understand the personal issues with Carl, and the thinking that it was a distraction and affected the team. I can't get my mind wrapped around the purely football part. I have a hard time even understanding what is meant by Carl having impact on decision he should not have, or "Carl tried it with Watson." Do you know, by the way, the split of practice reps at QB between starter and backup, and if that has changed last year to this?

I know the story about the April fools prank where Cam stole all the pens out of Carl's desk and he though Jamrog did it so he got pissed walked in and flipped the guys desk over was supposed to be funny. But it also shows that the guy kept things a little too on edge.

Woah again?! Haha, that is a bizarrely funny image.

Its kind of like when your buddy keeps saying a girl you like is an ugly dumb bitch. If you fight it at first but eventually you start to think that she's really an ugly dumb bitch. Seems to be some talk that Carl being friends with Casey was pushing for Green and others pushing to start to get few practice reps so TM could "learn" more. Again its rumor but seems he was in Bo's ear about needing to develop TM and every rep Green or someone else was on there our starting QB wasn't getting a chance to be Eric Crouch. Bo would then control who's seeing the majority of the snaps at QB with Watson as we were changing offenses and needed to get better fast. This kind of caused some extra tension between Bo and Watson and torn down their relationship some. Again. . take it with a grain of salt. . .but it seems to have a little teeth.

One thing that hasn't been brought up in this thread is that It makes me wonder if Bo will recruit 2 sport "stars" as vigorously? Imagine if bubba had come here after all that hype and struggled to play 2 sports at a high level. Khiry was supposed to be mature enough and good enough to do both and really did neither very well, except for not get in trouble off he field..

Bo made a promise to do both and it really failed both sports.