Might be the only person on here that is looking forward to this game. But, that's ok. Guild Wars broke me into computer gaming and MMO's. Friend of mine that i knew while i was serving in the military introduced me in 2005. Within two years i beat every campaign and the expansion and i was hooked on computer games. 2007 is when they announced making a Guild Wars 2, and ever since then i have been occasionally putting my ears to the ground to hear when it might be coming.

Now it seems that all that patiently waiting is paying off.

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/

Already pre-purchased my collector's edition, downloaded the beta for this weekend coming up.

The best way to show my anticipation for this game is to show a Family Guy clip...

I never played WoW, despite many folks trying to get me to play it. I just really didn't like the fact that after i paid $40 - $60 for the game, i had to pay a monthly fee. Plus it just looked way too cartoony for me.

There are only two games i ever paid the subscription for. LOTRO (which was a despite attempt to fill the void) and SWTOR. SWTOR was ok, but after pouring $120 of my money into Bioware's pocket for it, i decided i am not renewing my subscription to them and moving on to Guild Wars 2 with their free subscription.

Well, I look at the subscription fee like this. First, WoW has a huge following and tons of servers to pay for, with many servers housing thousands of people. Furthermore, because it's an mmorpg that requires a lot of tuning and far more content production than any regular $40-$60 game, they need money to keep producing that content. Lastly, it costs $15 a month, but it's somewhat cost effective. It would take you four months of paying for WoW to equal the cost of one brand new XBOX 360 game. In high school, there was a time there where I didn't buy a new game for almost a year, thus I was actually saving money AND playing WoW all the time. It was well worth the money.

Vanilla WoW was a bit tuned down, basic and (for lack of a better term) childish in scope. But, the end-game content for WoW has always been much darker and more bad ass than any of the leveling content. It is at its peak right now.

IMHO, it's the largest mmorpg for a reason.