I wan't the one who started the Forum

To the Board...there is a Forum titled "Fan From Alabama...Fire Callahan" and I am listed as the forum starter, but I am not. Either the forum title was changed by another member, or my name was accidently put on a forum I didn't start. My post is first, but the title I used was "Callahan's an Embar"A$$"ment" Was it changed or was there an accident. Can my name be removed it is not to be there.

That's odd - you weren't the one who started it. In fact, if you go to that thread and look for my first post, I quote the post that started it. It was started by rink6670, a relatively new member.

If I had to guess, I would venture to say that what has happened is two things:

1. rink6670's original post was deleted. If so, I assume rink6670 did it, since none of the Mods or Admins have informed the others of the deletion.

2. The thread to which you originally posted what is the "first" post was merged into the Fire Callahan thread.

The bad news is that while Mods can alter the title, we can't alter the name of the originator of the thread. It might be possible for Eric the Red or Blackshirt to do so - you might want to PM both of them and ask. Be sure and point them to this thread for the background.

#2 is the correct answer. I didnt do it personally, but I know this can happen when topics are merged - your post just happened to be newer than the original in the thread that was maintained. We could split it out and move your post somewhere else Smitty, but then the next person in line would just appear like the topic starter, which wouldnt be correct either.

So I apologize for the confusion - we try to avoid this from happening but occasionally it will when there are so many similar topics.

We can handle this in one of two ways:

1)If you have a serious problem with being listed as the starter, I can move your post to another thread where it will blend in.

2)You can make a post in that thread informing people you actually didnt start the topic, just for clarification.

Let me know. And again, sorry for the problem.

Odd things like that can happen when we start mergin topics, etc. What post specifially formerfan? I am sure none of us have edited any post for content. I will admit though, I have edited titles before but only for horrendous spelling that would have probably confused people otherwise.