College Football Hall of Fame - 2012 class... No Frazier

It was about the national media saying it's a shame that Frazier isn't in the Hall. Nobody ever mentioned whether you thought Frazier was worthy or not. In fact, I believe you've said he is earlier in the thread. I'm not sure where this whole "tschu doesn't think Tommie Frazier deserves to be in the Hall" talk is coming from.

Calm down, tschu. Nothing to get upset over.

I'm not upset at all and I'm not mad at you knapp :)

I just hate when arguments don't make sense.

1. I say Tebow > Tommie.

2. You disagree. Fine.

3. I say "Sorry but I think you're being biased"

4. You say I accept your apology. Don't listen to me, then. Listen to the national media saying it's a shame.

5. WHAT IS THAT COMMENT ABOUT??? As you can see, you brings the national media's feelings about Tommy not getting in into this totally separate argument. The national media's feelings about Tommy and the HOF do not have any bearing on this Tebow argument. Neither one of us ever insinuated that the other felt that Tommy should not get in, so I agree with you there. But I'm not sure what you point was in the bolded or how it was an appropriate response one was or another towards my viewpoint. I don't know. I feel like I'm in that Lewis Black hypothetical... "DON'T think about that for more than 3 seconds or blood will shoot out your nose."

Again, apologies, I just hate when things don't make logical sense.

It was about the national media saying it's a shame that Frazier isn't in the Hall. Nobody ever mentioned whether you thought Frazier was worthy or not. In fact, I believe you've said he is earlier in the thread. I'm not sure where this whole "tschu doesn't think Tommie Frazier deserves to be in the Hall" talk is coming from.

Calm down, tschu. Nothing to get upset over.

I'm not upset at all and I'm not mad at you knapp :)

I just hate when arguments don't make sense.

1. I say Tebow > Tommie.

2. You disagree. Fine.

3. I say "Sorry but I think you're being biased"

4. You say I accept your apology. Don't listen to me, then. Listen to the national media saying it's a shame.

5. WHAT IS THAT COMMENT ABOUT??? As you can see, you brings the national media's feelings about Tommy not getting in into this totally separate argument. The national media's feelings about Tommy and the HOF do not have any bearing on this Tebow argument. Neither one of us ever insinuated that the other felt that Tommy should not get in, so I agree with you there. But I'm not sure what you point was in the bolded or how it was an appropriate response one was or another towards my viewpoint. I don't know. I feel like I'm in that Lewis Black hypothetical... "DON'T think about that for more than 3 seconds or blood will shoot out your nose."

Again, apologies, I just hate when things don't make logical sense.

Well, we can debate our various chat styles if you like, but this isn't exactly the place for it. It made perfectly logical sense to me, and at no time did I imply (or intend to intimate at all) that you thought Tommie didn't belong in the hall. All I was saying was that it seemed as if you felt THIS TIME it wasn't a shame that he didn't get in (based on your several comments that he will get in, and this isn't a big deal earlier in the thread) and that national media pundits disagreed with that stance.

Where you got the notion that I said that YOU felt Tommie Frazier doesn't deserve to be in the Hall is beyond me.

So now that we've explained that to death, are we cool to move on?

I watched the '95 season as a 5-yr old and have in my more cognitively developed years seen 3-4 complete games of his and of course countless highlight videos. Not to mention stats (seriously, stats count for something) and the probably more informed opinions of many other people. I'm comfortable with my stance.

Did you even watch Tommie play?

This is a good point. Tommie definitely had a presence that didn't translate perfectly to the stat sheet.

Urban was notorious for allowing Tebow to stay in and pad his stats. Had Osborne done the same for Frazier we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

(@ knapp) I still don't think you got the point of that post. Based on your explanation it seems you weren't replying to any one post or idea of mine in particular, but rather the accumulation of those plus some other posts I made a couple of days ago. Which makes more sense. I'm moving on too.

I watched the '95 season as a 5-yr old and have in my more cognitively developed years seen 3-4 complete games of his and of course countless highlight videos. Not to mention stats (seriously, stats count for something) and the probably more informed opinions of many other people. I'm comfortable with my stance.

Well, that would explain it. :)

Well, that would explain it. :)

:ahhhhhhhh

:thumbs

(@ knapp) I still don't think you got the point of that post. Based on your explanation it seems you weren't replying to any one post or idea of mine in particular, but rather the accumulation of those plus some other posts I made a couple of days ago. Which makes more sense. I'm moving on too.

I get the point. You're not speaking so far over my head that it's beyond me.

This is a good point. Tommie definitely had a presence that didn't translate perfectly to the stat sheet.

Urban was notorious for allowing Tebow to stay in and pad his stats. Had Osborne done the same for Frazier we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Listen, I dont want to go round and round on this like I am some sorta FL Gator fan or something, but this is just wrong. TF didnt come out as early and as often as folk stories would have you believe. He had 6266 total yards and 83 TD's for his career. Tebow had 4181 & 55 TD's in ONE season. He had 12,232 yards total for his career.

Even if Frazier didnt play a 4th quarter his entire career (which he played plenty) he would still not have anywhere near the numbers of others. Even if you said he would add 25% to those numbers, which would be HUGE, he would still only have 7832 career yards.

Listen, I dont want to go round and round on this like I am some sorta FL Gator fan or something, but this is just wrong. TF didnt come out as early and as often as folk stories would have you believe. He had 6266 total yards and 83 TD's for his career. Tebow had 4181 & 55 TD's in ONE season. He had 12,232 yards total for his career.

Even if Frazier didnt play a 4th quarter his entire career (which he played plenty) he would still not have anywhere near the numbers of others. Even if you said he would add 25% to those numbers, which would be HUGE, he would still only have 7832 career yards.

Sorry, the facts are simply not on your side.

Attempts for Frazier:

Passing: 509

Rushing: 386

Attempts for Tebow:

Passing: 985

Rushing: 692

Sorry, the facts are simply not on your side.

Attempts for Frazier:

Passing: 509

Rushing: 386

Attempts for Tebow:

Passing: 985

Rushing: 692

I see no difference. :dunno

:sarcasm