2012 Nebraska Cornhuskers and the 2013 Recruiting Class

Sorry bud, you'll have a hard time convincing me we had more talent when our coach publicly states that wasn't the case. You'll have a hard time convincing me we were the better team when we got beat by solid margin. You're going to have a hard time convincing me Jeffrey was a non-impact player when he had 150 yards receiving and provided the momentum swing and ultimately their win. You can say "sure whatever" but that was the game right there. You'll also have a hard time convincing me this was a 4th quarter thing. It was well before that. You could argue that we were out of it sometime in the middle of the 2nd quarter:

You and your stats see us marching from our 35 to the SC7 with a little more than 7 minutes left in the first half. What you completely brush off is this: Abdullah rush for 1 yard to the SC7, fumble forced by Swearinger, recovered by Fordham. Yup, all those yards look nice in your stats but they aren't crap in reality. Result: 0 points.

You and your stats see us marching from our 20 to the SC30 with the end of the half nearing. What you completely brush off is this: Martinez pass intercepted by Gilmore at the SC26. Yup, those yards look nice in your stats but they aren't crap in reality. Result: 0 points, 7 for them.

Congrats for watching the game a bunch of times (you've told us numerous times) - but it doesn't provide any more legitimacy to what you're saying. We came out of halftime with a 52 yard drive and a missed FG. After that our 2nd half drives were 4, -12, 5, -15. If they weren't in the backfield, did we just lay down back there or something? It's a 4 quarter game - watch the whole thing.

Sorry bud, you'll have a hard time convincing me we had more talent when our coach publicly states that wasn't the case. You'll have a hard time convincing me we were the better team when we got beat by solid margin. You're going to have a hard time convincing me Jeffrey was a non-impact player when he had 150 yards receiving and provided the momentum swing and ultimately their win. You can say "sure whatever" but that was the game right there. You'll also have a hard time convincing me this was a 4th quarter thing. It was well before that. You could argue that we were out of it sometime in the middle of the 2nd quarter:

You and your stats see us marching from our 35 to the SC7 with a little more than 7 minutes left in the first half. What you completely brush off is this: Abdullah rush for 1 yard to the SC7, fumble forced by Swearinger, recovered by Fordham. Yup, all those yards look nice in your stats but they aren't crap in reality. Result: 0 points.

You and your stats see us marching from our 20 to the SC30 with the end of the half nearing. What you completely brush off is this: Martinez pass intercepted by Gilmore at the SC26. Yup, those yards look nice in your stats but they aren't crap in reality. Result: 0 points, 7 for them.

Congrats for watching the game a bunch of times (you've told us numerous times) - but it doesn't provide any more legitimacy to what you're saying. We came out of halftime with a 52 yard drive and a missed FG. After that our 2nd half drives were 4, -12, 5, -15. If they weren't in the backfield, did we just lay down back there or something? It's a 4 quarter game - watch the whole thing.

If you would read what I have been saying, the point that I have been trying to make was that they were not head and shoulders above us in talent at all. Where is Corey Raymond now? No longer with the program? A coach that needed his head coach to help him coach his group that he was responsible for basically the entire season after the Wisconsin game doesn't exactly give him much credibility. Thats right, Bo spent basically the entire year coaching the secondary in practices. As much as we were sad to see CCR go because of the recruiting piece, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Do you think his comments immediately after the game may have hurt his standings with Bo? Maybe why he was encouraged to leave?

Watched the entire game and we did get thrashed in that fourth quarter, but you are dead wrong when you try to make claims without any type of numbers or stats to back them up. If you watch the game you will realize that our rag tag group of lineman played well for 3 quarters of that game. If you watch the game you will realize how easy it was to move the ball on them like we did. You basically proved that with this post. Granted we didn't capitalize, but we had the talent to move the ball on a top ten SEC team and a DL that was also extremely talented. What does that say about our guys? If you watch the game you will realize that our secondary played very well at times. Minus roughly the 2 plays that are in question, which were Jeffery's big catches they played very well. They were two big mistakes that you can attribute one of too just pure stupidity and the other looked like miscommunication between the S and the CB.

So try to look at things without some Anti-Husker or Anti-Bo agenda. What are you saying about the kids in this program when you try to call out the talent-level? Doing so without educating yourself by the way and taking different circumstances into account.

There were a ton of positives to take away from that SC game when you peel back the layers.

• Fire 2

4, -12, 4, -15...those are the last 4 (of 5 total) drives in the second half. Those are my numbers, and stats...that back up my claim that this extended well beyond the 4th quater. Through 10 minutes of the 3rd quarter as well. You aren't posting any stats. You are just saying "if you watch the game you will realize our secondary played very well at times". 100% opinion. Backed up by no stats.

It's not anti-husker, or anti-bo at all. It's the reality of the second half. I never once mentioned Bo. It's the fact that we totaled -15 yards over the last 40% of the game. That's pretty rough. Be logical, and realistic and you'll see the same thing.

As for Corey Raymond needing Bo to coach...what does that say about JP this year?

And there are always positives to take away from a game. Unfortunately in a game like SC the negatives ended up turning a game that was close for a quarter into a game we never had a chance to get back into after the first few minutes of the second half. Spin that however you wish, but you aren't going to find stats to back it up....those point in the other direction.

Here's another, punt, punt, punt, punt. Our last 4 drives for -13 yards.

punt, punt, TD, TD. Their last 4 drives for 135 yards.

That's how the better team finishes a game. I can't think of too many games we finished like that. Ohio State. We're a bad second half team (that's opinion and not based on anything, just an observation)...but I bet you could find stats to back it up.

Okay I will try to do this in one post.

First, you claim that I am not posting stats. Which in general is true. But what I in fact did was base my opinions and outlooks on viewing the game multiple times, reading the statistical breakdown of each quarter, and basing my opinions and thoughts off of that. When you look at it our secondary caught a break on the Jeffery's overthrow, but other than that and the other two plays, they played very well. FOR THE LAST TIME I KNOW HOW BIG THOSE PLAYS WERE, but for the majority of the game they played well. That isnt exactly backed up by statisics, it is backed up by the fact that I can watch a game and make an accurate assessment.

Again, you seem to be slightly changing your argument with each post. Before you made it seem like the full game was a wash which it wasn't, now you seem to want to look at just the second half. I agree by the stats that is rough, but our team was able to keep it to three points heading into the final 15 minutes. Last I checked, that is only a field goal. So that game was only close for a quarter? Multiply your assessment by three. When it comes down to it we only lost by 17. That isn't exactly getting taken behind the woodshed.

JP hardly ever needed the micromanaging of his head football coach to coach the defensive line like he was hired to coach. At least to my knowledge from what I have been told. If someone can correct that (da skers, or other who would know) feel free. After the Wisconsin game, I am told that Bo had a ton more say in what the secondary was doing on a day to day basis.

Addressing your breakdown of our last drives, penalties killed us. Absolutely killed us and that is backed by the link that I provided. To defuse the next thing you were going to say is that there were multiple false starts and holding calls on the first or second drive of the second half. I understand being disciplined is a huge part of playing OL, but to claim that athlete for athlete along the front four they killed our OL would be just plain and simple wrong. They did not line up against us and just dominate us because they were more athletic. I am not using stats to back this up or anything, just a simple observation of the game. They were not head and shoulders more athletic than we were. I dont know how much more clear I can be and if you don't take the hint this time it may be time for me to move on. They did kill us in the fourth quarter along our OL, but not the entire game.

Okay I will try to do this in one post.

First, you claim that I am not posting stats. Which in general is true. But what I in fact did was base my opinions and outlooks on viewing the game multiple times, reading the statistical breakdown of each quarter, and basing my opinions and thoughts off of that. When you look at it our secondary caught a break on the Jeffery's overthrow, but other than that and the other two plays, they played very well. FOR THE LAST TIME I KNOW HOW BIG THOSE PLAYS WERE, but for the majority of the game they played well. That isnt exactly backed up by statisics, it is backed up by the fact that I can watch a game and make an accurate assessment.

Again, you seem to be slightly changing your argument with each post. Before you made it seem like the full game was a wash which it wasn't, now you seem to want to look at just the second half. I agree by the stats that is rough, but our team was able to keep it to three points heading into the final 15 minutes. Last I checked, that is only a field goal. So that game was only close for a quarter? Multiply your assessment by three. When it comes down to it we only lost by 17. That isn't exactly getting taken behind the woodshed.

JP hardly ever needed the micromanaging of his head football coach to coach the defensive line like he was hired to coach. At least to my knowledge from what I have been told. If someone can correct that (da skers, or other who would know) feel free. After the Wisconsin game, I am told that Bo had a ton more say in what the secondary was doing on a day to day basis.

Addressing your breakdown of our last drives, penalties killed us. Absolutely killed us and that is backed by the link that I provided. To defuse the next thing you were going to say is that there were multiple false starts and holding calls on the first or second drive of the second half. I understand being disciplined is a huge part of playing OL, but to claim that athlete for athlete along the front four they killed our OL would be just plain and simple wrong. They did not line up against us and just dominate us because they were more athletic. I am not using stats to back this up or anything, just a simple observation of the game. They were not head and shoulders more athletic than we were. I dont know how much more clear I can be and if you don't take the hint this time it may be time for me to move on. They did kill us in the fourth quarter along our OL, but not the entire game.

Last year was very, very strange watching our Oline. It seemed hard to believe a unit that could steamroll MSU & Ohio State could get totally stuffed by freakin NW?? Auuuggghhhhh....I need to watch those games again like you did.....maybe I can see a reason.