Mom upset about award her 8 year old daughter got from school

Eh. Probably best to not have a teacher making fun of a kid in front of his peers. That said . . . if I were that parent I would be far more upset with my kid for not getting his/her work done on time.

I never agree with Carlfense, so I have to make an exception to my rule here. I don't see how calling out an 8 year old because they have a deadbeat parent(s) accomplishes anything. An 8 year old that doesn't complete homework is nothing short of bad parenting. I would think any teacher would recognize that.

• Fire 1

The mother of an 8-year-old Arizona girl who was presented with a "Catastrophe Award" for apparently having the most excuses for not having homework believes her child....

Book learnin isn't for everyone. We should chip in and buy him a shovel for his ninth birthday.

I now present the Huskerboard Readin' Comprehension award to ShawnWatson.

:cheers

What in the hell is reading? My hired midget words me everything you say. His stubby little fingers typed what you're looking at right now.

Eh. Probably best to not have a teacher making fun of a kid in front of his peers. That said . . . if I were that parent I would be far more upset with my kid for not getting his/her work done on time.

I never agree with Carlfense, so I have to make an exception to my rule here. I don't see how calling out an 8 year old because they have a deadbeat parent(s) accomplishes anything. An 8 year old that doesn't complete homework is nothing short of bad parenting. I would think any teacher would recognize that.

+1.

Common ground. :)