Failed Wisconsin Recall

I was only stating that the US presidental election is won not by how many votes it gets from the public but how many electoral college votes they get. If we had a true democracy then the candidite with the most votes in the general election would win. But since we are a democratic republic, or a federal republic. Stating that our presidental election is a democratic republic election is calling it what it is. Not sure why you would argue this.

A majority has many different meanings...anyways, a majority was required in the Wisconsin election because there was 2 candidates up for election, so a majority of people who voted would allow a candidate to win. It is kind of silly your fighting about this as well.

I will take your word on the last point, I know almost nothing of Wisconsin's political history, or its current make of as of today. I was pointing out my perception from the outside observer (me) which included your insider information stating that the state is a traditional blue state. The fact that a Republican of such a distinct opposite belief style to even Wisconsin Republicans (you said that as well) would win the general election, and then even win the recall election is a pretty big deal.

IIRC a true democracy all decisions are decided by popular vote - Athens and town-hall meetings in New England. A republic is where representatives of the public make the decisions - US Senate before popular vote or maybe British House of Lords (I know its a monarchy, but its the idea). A democratic republic is where the representatives are voted on by the people - legislatures and technically the President