Ohio Mans Wants Buckeye Removed as State Tree...

GSG

http://deadspin.com/...-bisexual-plant

I think it might be a joke, but you never know:

Something in the "Just Ask" column (Page A3, May 29) disturbed me. According to the column, "the Ohio buckeye, Aesculus glabra, bears flowers with both male and female organs on the same tree. It is a monoecious species."

I couldn't believe this, so I did some research and, sure enough, a science website (forestry.about.com) states that "the Ohio buckeye is polygamo-monoecious, bearing both bisexual and male flowers."

The buckeye is our state tree and most of us gladly wear the nickname, "buckeyes." But it is shameful and unacceptable that a bisexual tree should represent us! We are flaunting the Holy Bible!

I urge everyone to contact their state representative and demand legislation removing the buckeye as our state tree and condemning the use of the term "buckeye" as a nickname for residents of Ohio.

Does anyone know if carnations are bisexual?

Jim Flechtner, Findlay

76 year old man from a small town. Of course he's a religious conservative wacko nutjob.

Supposedly, the actual guy that placed it said it was a joke.

I've heard some stupid things come from those that claim themselves as religious. So it's still plausible.