Mitt Romney invited to address NAACP and then was booed and jeered

Being booed and jeered by the National Association for the Advancement(lol) of Colored(lol again) People is a badge of honor. Good job MR!!

first, my point exactly. his appearance was calculated and offered in bad faith. second, 'MR' often stands for 'mental retardation'. just so you know.

For me, as a conservative and an unapologetic AMERICAN, I am embarrassed. Just as I would be if the NRA booed Obama. The guy, like him or not, is currently running to be the next President of the US. It is simply in poor taste. Had Obama showed up at a "non-partisian" event and been booed, it would be all over the press.

For statistical matters ie facts, under Bush, African American unemployment never rose above 13%. Under Obama, the lowest it has been is 12.7%. Currently it is 14.6%, down from a high of 16.7% (27 year high). The blind allegiance to Obama will continue to hurt African Americans. (as will blind allegiance to any person or group without checking the facts regardless of race)

To vote for a candidate solely based on color is no less racist than voting against a person solely based on color. You can't have it both ways. Same as requiring a govt issued photo ID and second form to gain entry to the NAACP, but wanting to disallow the same rules for the most "precious American right" in voting.

People are just plain stupid to not see the hypocrisy in this.

I do give Romney credit for showing up at what he had to know was a lose lose situation.

I would want to see some significant proof of an allegation like that. Seems unlikely.

From the above story:

“The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained. “So, I’m sure those are the one they set down with because, quite frankly, none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.”

“He’s talking about African American Republican politicians that were actually brought in — flown in — to the NAACP convention in Houston, Texas to be there for the [candidate] alone,” he added.

Well, we know one black guy who was not flown in - his name is Barack.

We know that black people will vote purely on the basis of race. Just like the KKK has in the past.

Is it permitted to say something this correct and politically incorrect on this website? If yes, great ;)

For me, as a conservative and an unapologetic AMERICAN, I am embarrassed. Just as I would be if the NRA booed Obama. The guy, like him or not, is currently running to be the next President of the US. It is simply in poor taste. Had Obama showed up at a "non-partisian" event and been booed, it would be all over the press.

For statistical matters ie facts, under Bush, African American unemployment never rose above 13%. Under Obama, the lowest it has been is 12.7%. Currently it is 14.6%, down from a high of 16.7% (27 year high). The blind allegiance to Obama will continue to hurt African Americans. (as will blind allegiance to any person or group without checking the facts regardless of race)

To vote for a candidate solely based on color is no less racist than voting against a person solely based on color. You can't have it both ways. Same as requiring a govt issued photo ID and second form to gain entry to the NAACP, but wanting to disallow the same rules for the most "precious American right" in voting.

I do give Romney credit for showing up at what he had to know was a lose lose situation.

I hear ya. But that ship did sail like 50 years ago, or so. And it had sailed before look back 200+ years and see how the big players behaved. Politics has USUALLY been unsavory and unbecoming. Shouldn't be....but it almost always is.

Being booed and jeered by the National Association for the Advancement(lol) of Colored(lol again) People is a badge of honor. Good job MR!!

first, my point exactly. his appearance was calculated and offered in bad faith. second, 'MR' often stands for 'mental retardation'. just so you know.

SD is a disease. MR is a cure.

I would want to see some significant proof of an allegation like that. Seems unlikely.

From the above story:

“The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained. “So, I’m sure those are the one they set down with because, quite frankly, none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.”

“He’s talking about African American Republican politicians that were actually brought in — flown in — to the NAACP convention in Houston, Texas to be there for the [candidate] alone,” he added.

Well, we know one black guy who was not flown in - his name is Barack.

We know that black people will vote purely on the basis of race. Just like the KKK has in the past.

Is it permitted to say something this correct and politically incorrect on this website? If yes, great ;)

what did he even mean? this idea of voting by race is ridiculous. so, unless you vote for someone not of your own race, you are voting because of race? people can vote for whoever they want.

the choice is not obama or bush, it never was. voting is not a simple equation of unemployment percentage during a term dictating who someone should vote for. democracy is way more complicated than that. what is causing the unemployment and who would better serve to fix that, along with a myriad of other complex issues. also, politicians of either party have been treated terribly. and mitt's incident in front of the naacp was national news. also, voting and gaining membership in a private group are two fundamentally different acts. what hypocrisy are you talking about? the stupidity seems to be that just because someone is of a race for the person they are voting for is his/her only motivation to vote for that person; or that voting should only be motivated by unemployment rates during the term of the sitting president vs. who he/she replaced.

SD,

It was to simply get into the convention, not join the NAACP. They feel that is acceptable, but to protect the most precious right of an American citizen (AG Holder's words not mine), it is wrong to try and mitigate voter fraud, illegal aliens voting or previously convicted felons who have not had their citizenship restored. That is the hypocrisy.

Obama currently holds a 96% acceptance rating by African Americans. You can't even find that high of a percentage on HB on who the best NU QB of all time was. You do not think this is motivated by race? To make a decision on a person, positive or negative, based solely on race is racism.

The charge earlier was that MR was trying to dissuade people against BO. I was pointing out a fact that African Americans have suffered the worst unemployment in 27 yrs, yet still support the man (96%). Obama likes to blame Bush for everything, but sure as hell won't comment that African American unemployment was lower under Bush.

I agree that folks need to look at the totality of the candidate and not one simple facet, but as the Dems said in 2008 "it's the economy" and are you better off now that you were four years ago.

Economically we are screwed. The top 10% wage earners in this country pay 70% of the taxes. The lowest 20% pay 1.38%. How much more can the upper 10% pay? What would be more of their fair share. This doesn't even factor into the fact that 49.7 of Americans do not even pay taxes. The Muslim Brotherhood is now in Egypt and Libya. Go goole their beliefs in Sharia law and a Caliph state. 70% of Obamacare to be funded by those makingless than 120k per yaer. This year alone the average person will work 7 months to pay for the 2012 budget. Not to mention a Federal budget has not been passed since 2008. That is even after the Dems controlling the house, senate and Pres for 2 years. Yea, it is a lot more than one area....................

To make a decision on a person, positive or negative, based solely on race is racism.

In a strictly academic sense I think that you are correct. That said, racism in a colloquial sense generally implies a negative reaction to a person's race. I suppose the argument would be that to put a certain race first puts all other races back.

Either way . . . I think black people supporting the first black president because he is black is on a whole different (lower) tier than the racism that we've seen over the last few centuries.

It makes me wonder about questions like "what percentage of Mormons will vote for Mitt Romney?" and "why did I skip all of those sociology classes?"

• Fire 1

To make a decision on a person, positive or negative, based solely on race is racism.

In a strictly academic sense I think that you are correct. That said, racism in a colloquial sense generally implies a negative reaction to a person's race. I suppose the argument would be that to put a certain race first puts all other races back.

Either way . . . I think black people supporting the first black president because he is black is on a whole different (lower) tier than the racism that we've seen over the last few centuries.

It makes me wonder about questions like "what percentage of Mormons will vote for Mitt Romney?" I wish I wouldn't have skipped all of those sociology classes.

I would agree.