Mitt Romney invited to address NAACP and then was booed and jeered

Why was he booed? Because he tried to turn the NAACP against President Obama.

Clayola Brown, the member of the NAACP's National Board of Directors who invited Romney to speak, said the presumptive Republican presidential nominee should not have used unemployment numbers to try to turn the crowd against Obama.

Who was he supposed to blame for the 14+% unemployment in the black workforce? Calvin Coolidge?

Why then was he invited to speak?

Brown said the point of inviting Romney to the convention wasn't to give him a chance to win over African American voters who overwhelmingly backed Obama in 2008 and are expected to vote for him again this fall. Instead, Romney was invited to "show respect to the organization," she said.

So...they wanted pandering.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/naacp-crowd-calls-romney-demeaning-insulting/article/2501856

I do kinda feel bad for Mitt. I mean, it's a low move by the NAACP (which I'm really not that surprised by). It would seem their entire purpose in inviting him was to create not only an unpleasant experience, but a negative political spectacle which they hope will influence the election.

Don't feel too sorry for Romney. One of his own advisers admitted that he didn't go there to change anyone's mind, but to be seen as being willing to work with everyone. He was using them as much as he was being used. It's the way these things go. If he didn't want to get booed, he probably shouldn't have brought up repealing the ACA to a group that supports the ACA.

are you guys serious? you feel bad for mitt? he didn't have to speak to them. no rep. pres. nominee does. he did to prove his loyalty to the conservative movement. he could go to one of the great conservative boogeymen and talk about how they are better off without 'entitlements' and then go to montana a day later (which he did) and other staunchly conservative states and show them how the group they hate for the reasons they hate that group hate him. how about that! hey, montana, and other conservative (vaguely racist states) look how the naacp hate me because of the policies i believe (and so do you!) will help them even though they are proven to only worsen their socioeconomic positions! look how conservative i am! i must be, because they hate me! it is an updated southern strategy.

look, he can campaign on any platform he chooses, this is america, but to feel sorry for him? his appearance in front of the naacp was strictly strategic. who is legitimately surprise he was booed (after being cordially welcomed) after criticizing the ever-growing popular healthcare reform of obama that romney invented? it was so planned, he manipulated the naacp more than anything after they both entered the room with ostensibly good faith.

are you guys serious? you feel bad for mitt? he didn't have to speak to them. no rep. pres. nominee does. he did to prove his loyalty to the conservative movement. he could go to one of the great conservative boogeymen and talk about how they are better off without 'entitlements' and then go to montana a day later (which he did) and other staunchly conservative states and show them how the group they hate for the reasons they hate that group hate him. how about that! hey, montana, and other conservative (vaguely racist states) look how the naacp hate me because of the policies i believe (and so do you!) will help them even though they are proven to only worsen their socioeconomic positions! look how conservative i am! i must be, because they hate me! it is an updated southern strategy.

look, he can campaign on any platform he chooses, this is america, but to feel sorry for him? his appearance in front of the naacp was strictly strategic. who is legitimately surprise he was booed (after being cordially welcomed) after criticizing the ever-growing popular healthcare reform of obama that romney invented? it was so planned, he manipulated the naacp more than anything after they both entered the room with ostensibly good faith.

was one part crazy, one part stones....

was one part crazy, one part stones....

yeah, he took his lumps, but they were civil groups (one was a civil rights group, to be specific). he would survive and the gain would out gain the pain. but to feel sorry for a politician who is, by nature, incredibly calculated? asinine. open mic comedies deal with worse on a daily basis. as does obama for granting 30 mil. more americans health care.

I would want to see some significant proof of an allegation like that. Seems unlikely.

From the above story:

“The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained. “So, I’m sure those are the one they set down with because, quite frankly, none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.”

“He’s talking about African American Republican politicians that were actually brought in — flown in — to the NAACP convention in Houston, Texas to be there for the [candidate] alone,” he added.

I would want to see some significant proof of an allegation like that. Seems unlikely.

From the above story:

“The campaign actually gave me a list of African American VIPs that they brought in to the NAACP meeting,” Shelton explained. “So, I’m sure those are the one they set down with because, quite frankly, none of the rank-and-file NAACPers met with him.”

“He’s talking about African American Republican politicians that were actually brought in — flown in — to the NAACP convention in Houston, Texas to be there for the [candidate] alone,” he added.

Well, we know one black guy who was not flown in - his name is Barack.

We know that black people will vote purely on the basis of race. Just like the KKK has in the past.

From the above story:

Well, we know one black guy who was not flown in - his name is Barack.

We know that black people will vote purely on the basis of race. Just like the KKK has in the past.

what?

Any allegation needs proof, but it's not that far fetched because candidates pay to transport supporters to events all the time. In the early going during a campaign it is actually one of the main reasons a campaign needs lots of money, because without money you can't pay to transport people to events for press coverage.

These campaigns will be spending something like $5 million / day for the next 4 months, plus all the money pouring in from PAC activities...so spending $50,000, $100,000, or whatever on an event is nothing.