Does Colorado's Loss Help or Hurt NU?

So...does Colorado's loss help the Huskers, or hurt them in the upcoming game? Does it cause CU to focus more, or does it place that grain of doubt in their mind?

I'd feel a little better about it if the game was next week - it gives them less time to get over the disappointment, and build up anger. Thoughts?

I think the NU/CU games always live in a world of there own, regardless to what either team has done thruout the season. Not sure if its because its the last game of the season or because its usually for the North title or something else.

However I think we need to realize that CU will now be fighting for the North against us. If they lose to us and ISU beats KU then ISU wins the North, so in my mind I think it hurts us more then helps, however I think CU always gets up to play NU anyways so not sure how much it hurts.

after watching Texas throttle CU in an earlier season matchup. it would be boring as hell to see them get their butt whipped again in the title game.....but ISU would fare no better.....sooooooo.......i think CU getting beat by ISU helps us.....i am sure they thought that game was theirs to win......they will be thinking the same thing in boulder day after turkey day......i think the bye week plays n to our favor as well....but as i said earlier, we don't matchup very well with their athletes, but who knows.......boulder is a tough place to play and a tough place to watch as a fan.....we shall see

hunter

We won't be in the big 12 championship but there are some weird scenarios:

If we beat CU they are 5-3 in conference, NU 4-4 NU is OUT

AND If Missouri beats K-State they are also 5-3 but lost the tiebraker to CU

Iowa State can beat KU, go to 5-3 in conference, have the tiebraker over CU but they lost to Missouri

Anyone want to figure that one out for me?

Best finish scenario for NU: We beat Colorado, KU beats Iowa State, K-State beats Missouri

CU 5-3 7-4

MU 4-4 6-5

NU 4-4 7-4

ISU 4-4 7-4

Best finish scenario for NU:  We beat Colorado, KU beats Iowa State, K-State beats Missouri

I think KU could beat Iowa State in Lawrence. I believe Kansas State stands a chance of beating Missouri in Manhattan. Sadly, I don't think Nebraska stands an ice cube's chance in hell against Colorado in Boulder.

As regards Nebraska, I don't think it makes any difference whether ISU beats CU or the other way around (although I was cheering for the Cyclones all the way). I'm just glad I have to work during the Colorado game and don't have to watch the Buffs score over 100 points. <_<

By the way, did the Iowa State fans tear down the goal posts after their team took it to the Buffaloes?

I think KU could beat Iowa State in Lawrence.

By the way, did the Iowa State fans tear down the goal posts after their team took it to the Buffaloes?

Yes, Ku could beat the clones in Lawrence. I don't think they will. :box

As far as I know the goal posts are still standing in Ames, but some houses went down in the storm. :wacko:

Now, BEAT CU!! :horns2:horns2