NU assistant Fisher's improvised route

NUance

NU assistant Fisher's improvised route

By Dirk Chatelain, WORLD-HERALD, PUBLISHED WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012

<snip>

What Tom Brady can't do is hit a golf ball straight. At least not often enough to satisfy him. So for most of the past decade, the best quarterback of the 21st century made frequent visits to Rich Fisher's golf academy.

“Fish” was unemployed and burned out when he moved to New England in 2004. Thanks to Bill Belichick and Pop Warner, Fisher eventually found his love for football again. But not before he helped Brady find his golf swing.

The lessons started shortly after the NFL season ended. Brady called. Fisher opened his schedule. They retreated to the quiet end of the driving range — or, on cold days, the heating bay. They picked apart Brady's mechanics, trying to fix America's most notorious golfing flaw.

LINK

I get pissed at some of the stuff Chatelain does and writes. But I have to admit this is an awesome article.

Golfed in a tournament with him! He's got game! Had a tough day putting though! His team beat mine by 2 strokes cause my buddy who has pro status was on Fischers team.

If Fish is hitting in the high 60s sometimes, then yeah, he got game. :thumbs:

I'm kind of luke warm about this coach. I think he's a very good teacher but I don't agree with some of the mental beat down he does on players. Not that players don't need their play broke down to learn what to do right but I think he needs to learn to communicate problems differently. I think that's an area he knows he needs to improve on and hopefully he works on it as hard as Bo has worked at becoming a better head coach.