PSU

Embarrassing? They lost close games to two somewhat good teams. Granted, no Sandusky scandal and they probably win both but UVA and Ohio were decent last year and both are well coached.

While that's true, there is still no excuse for PSU to lose either of those games. They have superior talent to both and actually dominated today but they folded down the stretch in each of those games.

To me (and I know people won't want to hear this) this shows how good of a coach JoePa really was, personal issues aside. His teams always seemed to execute well and not beat themselves with miscues and bad penalties (or at least from what little I watched of Penn State before last year).

Embarrassing? They lost close games to two somewhat good teams. Granted, no Sandusky scandal and they probably win both but UVA and Ohio were decent last year and both are well coached.

While that's true, there is still no excuse for PSU to lose either of those games. They have superior talent to both and actually dominated today but they folded down the stretch in each of those games.

To me (and I know people won't want to hear this) this shows how good of a coach JoePa really was, personal issues aside. His teams always seemed to execute well and not beat themselves with miscues and bad penalties (or at least from what little I watched of Penn State before last year).

You do know he hasn't really coached a game since the 90's right?

This was Tom Bradley's team for about a decade. JoePa was the mascot on the sidelines

This was Tom Bradley's team for about a decade. JoePa was the mascot on the sidelines

Yeah, it looked that way after JoePa was fired.... :sarcasm Not sure how you can draw that conclusion based on what we saw last year.

Yeah, it looked that way after JoePa was fired.... :sarcasm Not sure how you can draw that conclusion based on what we saw last year.

Huh?

You don't think that had anything to do with the distractions, riots, raping allegations,etc surrounding these 18-21 year olds?

Paterno didn't call one play last year. fact