The Big Winner Today - The Big XII Conference

Sub-Husker

Some of you guys aren't thinking clearly tonight. maybe it will be better tomorrow when you step back and realize this silliness.

Hmmm... Perhaps I misread the scores of the games I posted.

Perhaps my comment about today's results will not hold true at some point in the future (not the point made in the OP). Next time I will be more specific and and include such a disclaimer for those that prefer not to read.

Imprompteau poll:

Of the six games mentioned in the OP how many posters watched each or part of each one?

I watched parts of the ATM and Mizzou games and most of the Husker game. I didn't even know the results of the WVU/TCU games until I opened this thread and I still don't give a crap. Those are two teams that seriously only get attention in December/January. I watched WVU twice last year...v. LSU and v. Clemson. Watched part of TCU/Baylor and that was it. Other than that I did not care. I'm guessing that I'm average.

Some of you guys aren't thinking clearly tonight. maybe it will be better tomorrow when you step back and realize this silliness.

Perhaps my comment about today's results will not hold true at some point in the future (not the point made in the OP). Next time I will be more specific and and include such a disclaimer for those that prefer not to read.

LOL

UGA and UF = Good

Grambling and Marshall = Bad

I simplified it for even the most stubborn person.

Imprompteau poll:

Of the six games mentioned in the OP how many posters watched each or part of each one?

I watched parts of the ATM and Mizzou games and most of the Husker game. I didn't even know the results of the WVU/TCU games until I opened this thread and I still don't give a crap. Those are two teams that seriously only get attention in December/January. I watched WVU twice last year...v. LSU and v. Clemson. Watched part of TCU/Baylor and that was it. Other than that I did not care. I'm guessing that I'm average.

No one watches West Virginia football if they can help it. FACT

WVU is a solid school, football wise.

TCU got a fortunate boost from Texas politicians. I think they may be trying to rebuild the SWC minus Arkansas.

WVU has a small population, and little to offer in terms of dollars in TV revenue, but they are a good team. I actually wish them well. Their small school need all the dollars they can get and they are hoping to educate a traditionally poor rural populace. That alone is worthy of admiration and I hope they give Texas and OU fits.

I do not think the Bevo 12 lasts long, even with the grant of rights. Last I checked, the Big 12 office signed that TV deal but almost none of the schools have actually signed the GOR. I am guessing that Texas and OU take a few years to let "legal departments review the language." You can bet that the Big 12 will be around as long as Texas wants it to exist, and not a moment longer.

In all this, I say the B1G and SEC win. B1G is not looking good today, but A&M and Mizzou (much as I hate to say it) are solid additions to the SEC.

Two years ago I did not care about most teams in the Big Ten, except for Iowa, Michigan, Ohio State and Wisconsin.

I used to care about the eleven teams of the Big XII, now I only wish to see Texas lose.

Bottom line... the teams that the Big XII gained did much better than the teams they lost today. That was the topic of this thread.

WVU was a 'solid' school in a horrible conference. They have very little history and aren't far out of competing with App State in the Socon. TCU is a small Christian College in Texas that also benefited from being a big fish in a small pond and only having to get up for one or two games each season. Great adds I guess. Rest of the country doesn't give two s*&!s.

Teams that Left:

Nebraska - Road loss vs UCLA (30-36)

Colorado - Home loss vs Sacramento State (28-30)

Texas A&M - Home loss to Florida (17-20)

Missouri - Home loss to Georgia (41-20)

Teams that Joined:

TCU - Home win vs Grambling (56-0)

West Virginia - Home win vs Marshall (69-34)

Texas A&M and Missouri - undeniably will pull good high school talent because of the teams they play and the exposure. Let's wait 5 years and match them up against NU.

Colorado - yikes. At least there is a ski team in Boulder (go Rams...hehehehe).

Nebraska - no more Texas recruits. Do kids from Ohio and Illinois want to come to Lincoln? Seriously? No more California recruits after tonight's debacle...

TCU - in Ft. Worth. Horned Frogs. Gotta love it.

WVU - since the late 1980's, have had a very impressive football program. No national championships, but they have been very good.

You really think Cali recruits care solely about this one game? LOL

Do you know how recruits think? If anything they are probably saying "Sweet. I'd get a lot of playing time in Lincoln"

Success through good coaching is a major factor in recruiting top players. So is the level and location of the competition and the chance to play on national TV.

WVU - since the late 1980's, have had a very impressive football program. No national championships, but they have been very good.

1-5 against the B1G since 1987. Win was against an unranked Purdue squad that went 3-8.

Since the 2005 season they have been one of the most successful programs in the nation on the field.

WVU has a small population, and little to offer in terms of dollars in TV revenue, but they are a good team. I actually wish them well. Their small school need all the dollars they can get and they are hoping to educate a traditionally poor rural populace. That alone is worthy of admiration and I hope they give Texas and OU fits.

A bit off topic but the WVU population is actually very heavily slanted towards OOS students.

Since the 2005 season they have been one of the most successful programs in the nation on the field.

Primarily due to playing in a conference that made UC look good.