My assessment for what it's worth

craigsker

Poor tackling....To Alonzo Whaley I would especially say, anytime you wanna decide to start tackling soon would be really nice....Your tackling is horrible.

The swing pass to the RB was money for UCLA all night. Nebraska had no answer for that particular play.

Offense couldn't convert a third down to save their life.

Offensive playcalling last week good...This week? Not so much.

And finally, Brett Maher....another subpar performance. Can we bring Henery back?

I don't think the play calling was quite as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure, we maybe should have ran the ball a little more in the second half, but it all comes down to execution. Our offensive line got flat out handled tonight. It doesn't matter what play Beck is calling, if our offensive line doesn't do their job, then it is not going to be very successful.

I don't think the play calling was quite as bad as people are making it out to be. Sure, we maybe should have ran the ball a little more in the second half, but it all comes down to execution. Our offensive line got flat out handled tonight. It doesn't matter what play Beck is calling, if our offensive line doesn't do their job, then it is not going to be very successful.

We were able to execute the run pretty well...for the most part. But Beck tried to push the passing game...again...ala Wisconsin game last year. He needs to understand, when things are working, stick with them unti the other team has an answer for it.

Poor tackling....To Alonzo Whaley I would especially say, anytime you wanna decide to start tackling soon would be really nice....Your tackling is horrible.

The swing pass to the RB was money for UCLA all night. Nebraska had no answer for that particular play.

Offense couldn't convert a third down to save their life.

Offensive playcalling last week good...This week? Not so much.

And finally, Brett Maher....another subpar performance. Can we bring Henery back?

Don't complain about players or Krill will be up in yo' grill.

Well Defensively, blown assignments and poor tackling were the story of the game. Not a whole lot more you could say. I do have one question that has been bugging me since the season opened on the defensive side is....WHERE'S THE BEEF? They all play slow, they have no physicality whatsoever. Of course, I think most people on these boards grew up spoiled. I remember the Peters brothers, Wistrom, and company tossing people around. I haven't seen that since Suh left.

Enough rambling though, offensively we still looked relatively decent. A few dropped passes away from possibly winning the game. I do believe that Martinez has grown up a lot and I do believe with the right members around him, the possibilities are limitless.

I'll still be in Lincoln next weekend for the game anyway. I still will pull from them any day, but we need to start getting big league talent again or we are gonna continue our drift into mediocrity.

We need to go to a 3-4. If our front 4 are not going to pressure the QB and just play patty cake we might as well put another guy in the backfield for support on passes and plays outside the tackle box. Especially those sweeps we couldn't stop. Plus at least we could maybe disguise a blitz here and there a little better. Hopefully guys like Valentine will lead to that.