THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

coop

SERIOUSLY...STFU! we got outplayed by a team that wanted it more than we did...moving on to next week.

That's not a problem to you?

Sure I'm mad about it but I'm not about ready to go on a Fire the whole coaching staff rant like many on this board. That was a damn good team we played whether people want to admit it or not...and if they don't think so they have their head in the sand. At least we aren't Arkansas getting beat at home by a nobody. Wait, I'm sure they are probably in the process of replacing the whole coaching staff as I type this...(insert sarcasm here)

SERIOUSLY...STFU! we got outplayed by a team that wanted it more than we did...moving on to next week.

Sure I'm mad about it but I'm not about ready to go on a Fire the whole coaching staff rant like many on this board. That was a damn good team we played whether people want to admit it or not...and if they don't think so they have their head in the sand. At least we aren't Arkansas getting beat at home by a nobody. Wait, I'm sure they are probably in the process of replacing the whole coaching staff as I type this...(insert sarcasm here)

I'll have to reserve judgement as to how good they are for a few more weeks. Our D's looked shaky both games so they may not be as good as we think.

I'll have to reserve judgement as to how good they are for a few more weeks. Our D's looked shaky both games so they may not be as good as we think.

Oh I'm worried as hell! As many glimpses of brilliance we see there are still as many situations where we are getting owned by players who, for all intents and purposes, should not be playing on our level. The Offense is not the problem in my opinion...has our D not brain farted all night, we fly home with a W...

A caller on KFAB's after game show made this comment and I agree: "We know how good we are (Nebraska) but we don't really know how good UCLA is. They could go on to win the rest of their games with the exception of maybe USC." How will we feel about our boys then? Sure, we have lots of room for improvement but we can make changes. Look at how much we've changed from last year to this year? Look at how much better our O-Line is playing this year than last. Taylor is playing better than last year. Our defense needs work, especially in learning how to tackle. I loved how Stafford played tonight though and SJB.

My biggest gripe was why in the world did we stop running the ball? We could've calmly and collectively moved the ball down the field every time we had it. But Beck would switch to the pass. Why? Also, our boys don't keep their eyes on the ball-they watch the player! Then when the player doesn't have the ball and they follow him they miss the play who actually does have the ball! Blah! And, they don't run to the ball on defense. They wait for the guy with the ball to come to them. THAT made me so crazy tonight.

So, while I agree that we need work and lots of it, I'm not ready to fire the whole staff either. What if we would've won? What then? Would we be calling for jobs then?

A caller on KFAB's after game show made this comment and I agree: "We know how good we are (Nebraska) but we don't really know how good UCLA is. They could go on to win the rest of their games with the exception of maybe USC." How will we feel about our boys then? Sure, we have lots of room for improvement but we can make changes. Look at how much we've changed from last year to this year? Look at how much better our O-Line is playing this year than last. Taylor is playing better than last year. Our defense needs work, especially in learning how to tackle. I loved how Stafford played tonight though and SJB.

My biggest gripe was why in the world did we stop running the ball? We could've calmly and collectively moved the ball down the field every time we had it. But Beck would switch to the pass. Why? Also, our boys don't keep their eyes on the ball-they watch the player! Then when the player doesn't have the ball and they follow him they miss the play who actually does have the ball! Blah! And, they don't run to the ball on defense. They wait for the guy with the ball to come to them. THAT made me so crazy tonight.

So, while I agree that we need work and lots of it, I'm not ready to fire the whole staff either. What if we would've won? What then? Would we be calling for jobs then?

It's unfortunate, but we really do know how good ucla is....and they are not very. I am pretty confident they will lose 5 games this year....which makes us look even worse.

It's unfortunate, but we really do know how good ucla is....and they are not very. I am pretty confident they will lose 5 games this year....which makes us look even worse.

Do we? I thought they looked pretty good, considering they played mostly freshmen and sophomores. Just think what they will look like in a couple more years. For me, it remains to be seen how good UCLA will be by the end of the year. :)

i think the state of the big ten as a whole is in turmoil. none of us can compete on the national stage.

We lost on the road by 6...a loss sure but not bad.

I disagree...against a better team, NU's effort tonight ends up with us on the bad end of an absolute a** whipping. I have said it in many threads now, ucla is not good....we were just THAT bad.

Do we? I thought they looked pretty good, considering they played mostly freshmen and sophomores. Just think what they will look like in a couple more years. For me, it remains to be seen how good UCLA will be by the end of the year. :)

It's hard to tell for sure, they have played two really bad teams so far. But I would put money on it that ucla will be a lot closer to 6 wins than 10 this season.