THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!

coop

A caller on KFAB's after game show made this comment and I agree: "We know how good we are (Nebraska) but we don't really know how good UCLA is. They could go on to win the rest of their games with the exception of maybe USC." How will we feel about our boys then? Sure, we have lots of room for improvement but we can make changes. Look at how much we've changed from last year to this year? Look at how much better our O-Line is playing this year than last. Taylor is playing better than last year. Our defense needs work, especially in learning how to tackle. I loved how Stafford played tonight though and SJB.

My biggest gripe was why in the world did we stop running the ball? We could've calmly and collectively moved the ball down the field every time we had it. But Beck would switch to the pass. Why? Also, our boys don't keep their eyes on the ball-they watch the player! Then when the player doesn't have the ball and they follow him they miss the play who actually does have the ball! Blah! And, they don't run to the ball on defense. They wait for the guy with the ball to come to them. THAT made me so crazy tonight.

So, while I agree that we need work and lots of it, I'm not ready to fire the whole staff either. What if we would've won? What then? Would we be calling for jobs then?

It's unfortunate, but we really do know how good ucla is....and they are not very. I am pretty confident they will lose 5 games this year....which makes us look even worse.

We may not know how good UCLA is, but consider the stats below

NU surrendered 653 yards to UCLA

Rice surrendered 651 yards to UCLA

I don't care how good UCLA is, when NU gives up more yards than Rice there are major problems.

SERIOUSLY...STFU! we got outplayed by a team that wanted it more than we did...moving on to next week.

That's not a problem to you?

Sure I'm mad about it but I'm not about ready to go on a Fire the whole coaching staff rant like many on this board. That was a damn good team we played whether people want to admit it or not...and if they don't think so they have their head in the sand. At least we aren't Arkansas getting beat at home by a nobody. Wait, I'm sure they are probably in the process of replacing the whole coaching staff as I type this...(insert sarcasm here)

Seems to me the only thing consistent about this coaching staff is the fact that they can never beat "a damn good team" as you put it. I guess being content with a mediocre football team is something that you're happy with then.

I couldn't believe how many people said Bo must go last night. Sure I was unhappy with the loss last night but it makes me wonder if we really have any good fans. The Jason Peters of the world still dream about the 90's thinking the 95 team could actually hang with a current LSU team, don't be like him. I'm sure the coaches are doing a lot of soul searching and film grading today and this will get fixed. If your day to day existence depends on win and losses on the football field, I feel sorry for you. There's a big world out there, clean up your spilled nachos, take a few aspirin and go for a walk.

Agreed... I love mediocrity!

Well we have already hit that....the only pace to go from here is pathetic.

A caller on KFAB's after game show made this comment and I agree: "We know how good we are (Nebraska) but we don't really know how good UCLA is. They could go on to win the rest of their games with the exception of maybe USC." How will we feel about our boys then? Sure, we have lots of room for improvement but we can make changes. Look at how much we've changed from last year to this year? Look at how much better our O-Line is playing this year than last. Taylor is playing better than last year. Our defense needs work, especially in learning how to tackle. I loved how Stafford played tonight though and SJB.

My biggest gripe was why in the world did we stop running the ball? We could've calmly and collectively moved the ball down the field every time we had it. But Beck would switch to the pass. Why? Also, our boys don't keep their eyes on the ball-they watch the player! Then when the player doesn't have the ball and they follow him they miss the play who actually does have the ball! Blah! And, they don't run to the ball on defense. They wait for the guy with the ball to come to them. THAT made me so crazy tonight.

So, while I agree that we need work and lots of it, I'm not ready to fire the whole staff either. What if we would've won? What then? Would we be calling for jobs then?

It's unfortunate, but we really do know how good ucla is....and they are not very. I am pretty confident they will lose 5 games this year....which makes us look even worse.

We may not know how good UCLA is, but consider the stats below

NU surrendered 653 yards to UCLA

Rice surrendered 651 yards to UCLA

I don't care how good UCLA is, when NU gives up more yards than Rice there are major problems.

Oh, I totally agree with you that there are problems but (and maybe this just helps me swallow this loss better?) if UCLA goes on to win the Pac-12 and we only lost to them by 6 points then that makes a difference to me.

Your second bold part is exactly what I kept thinking last night. "Go get him! Don't wait for him to make 3 more yards." Our defense was on their heels. Where is the attacking defense Bo brought in 2003. The one that had so many picks...

Our players weren't focused and that's it. I had conversations with a few to get an idea of what the game would be like, and they asked if i watched them play rice? they said they got a lot of good laughs at mistakes UCLA made against rice and how it was hilarious when i guess one of there receivers or rb's missed a wide open catch through his hands.

nu did try to run the ball, with absolutely no success...that is why they passed allmost all the time...

Nebraska averaged 7.2 yards per carry, and the only scoring drive in the 2nd half was primarily running plays. UCLS shut down the zone read in the 2nd half, but heard had 3 carries for carries for 21 yards with Martinez under center on the scoring drive.