Sparty @ Tatz

2ndNnine

So proud of the team! WTG up north and get the win across the border

First road game, plenty of progress made and Braxton is tough as hell.

Still not good enough. Hopefully the Lbs on the bench and incoming recruits will be impact players next year.

Congrats Woody' on a fine win in EL... As you mentioned, that was a good ol' fashioned B1G game and tOSU deserved to win that close one. I'm really impressed with the toughness of Miller! Seemed he hyperextended the knee once and still came back to finish the game off. Tough kid! Also, your D-line and linebackers contained Bell for most of the day put good pressure on Maxwell to make him 'hurry' his reads. I have to respect Miller for remaining motionless when Gholston was seemingly 'knocked out' on the mis-guided hit by the Sparty back. He seems to be a kid with alot of good character in him, and tOSU has a fine QB and person to root for in the coming years.

What really concers me most about Sparty this year is not the inexperience of Max, not the inexperience of the WR's.... its the O-line play for Sparty! Seems we have another year of patch-quilt line play up front and it shows with the lack of speed and ability to create holes for Bell. Maxwells protection (or lack of it) was evident most of the afternoon. Just isolating on the line play proved how easily it was for the Buckeyes to control the line and force Sparty into long 3rd downs. Not good!

Its going to be fun watching the relationship between Dantonio and Meyer develop in the coming years, this should be interesting! They're two very good coaches, and the intensity between them will only continue to grow.

Again, congrats on a quality win in EL...

Ps. You're correct that the Sparty SS can be a little 'rude', but the rest of the Spartan fans are usually quite respectful (but loud) to opposing fan bases. It sad to see the disrespect aspect has become a part of our culture... and not only in the sports we luv so much... my $0.02 worth