2006 opponents

In an OWH article today, Huskers Assistant Athletic Director Tim Cassidy said the Huskers will have seven home games next year because of the additional 12th gameallowed by the NCAA. We know the Huskers have USC on the schedule, but a representative from Nicholis St., out of Louisiana, says the Huskers are close to signing one game with them. The article believes the Huskers will be looking into at least one D-1AA school if not two next year. It's quick to point out that the "6-win" criteria to make a bowl game only counts one D-1AA team win a year.

The rest of the schedule is unknown.

:wtf

I believe that this team will get better next year, but I am not sure that this team, with the schedule already in place, may not be capable of winning 7 games that would be needed to go to a bowl next season...

I would be scared to death to have two 1AA teams on the schedule.... I think that you are flitrting with not being bowl eligilble next season !!!!!

They need to find a 1A "patsie" to beat on so it will count.... IMO, scheduling 2 1AA would be a huge mistake :steam

They need to find a 1A "patsie" to beat on so it will count.... IMO, scheduling 2 1AA would be a huge mistake :steam

IMO scheduling 1A "patsie" teams is no way to bring Nebraska back onto the CFB map.

I say we play Alabama or Oregon. Both of those teams have regained recognition and would be a challenge for the Huskers.

Challenges, early in the season, help define the team and build on strengths early.

Besides, I think either of those teams would be a thrill to watch head to head against NU.

They need to find a 1A "patsie" to beat on so it will count.... IMO, scheduling 2 1AA would be a huge mistake  :steam

IMO scheduling 1A "patsie" teams is no way to bring Nebraska back onto the CFB map.

I say we play Alabama or Oregon. Both of those teams have regained recognition and would be a challenge for the Huskers.

Challenges, early in the season, help define the team and build on strengths early.

Besides, I think either of those teams would be a thrill to watch head to head against NU.

I don't disagree with you, but Alabama and Oregon is not really realistic.... NU is not interested in scheduling a "home-home" with any big school at this time... They want a home game for REVENUE......

I would love to see schools like that, but reality says that NU will schedule teams who do not expect a return visit....

I do disagree in the sense that NU will only regain power by playing big names.... This team needs to get to BOWLS, and post winning records, and possibly get ranked which come with solid records..... At this time, this team is not strong enough to schedule an Alabama-Oregon along with the Big 12 and maintain a winning record....thus, a continue decline in recruiting !!!!!

Remember, what fans want, is not always "best" for the university.

I don't think NU needs to necessarily play a top 10 school in addition to USC next year in nonconference to try and prove something, but playing 2 I-AA schools will not help at all. If I were the AD and assistant AD, I would be calling every I-A school that I could to try and get 4 I-A's for nonconference. I think NU should have no problem getting at least 3 to commit. If NU plays tougher competition earlier, it would probably be more helpful down the stretch of the conference. There are likely going to be a lot of close ones next season and the team needs to be battle-tested and ready for it.

I don't think NU needs to necessarily play a top 10 school in addition to USC next year in nonconference to try and prove something, but playing 2 I-AA schools will not help at all. If I were the AD and assistant AD, I would be calling every I-A school that I could to try and get 4 I-A's for nonconference. I think NU should have no problem getting at least 3 to commit. If NU plays tougher competition earlier, it would probably be more helpful down the stretch of the conference. There are likely going to be a lot of close ones next season and the team needs to be battle-tested and ready for it.

Agreed. :yeah