Shatel's take on Eichorst

I liked this report-it made a lot of sense especially this part:

http://www.omaha.com/article/20121004/BIGRED/710049813

"That's not to say Osborne should have done it. (Chosen Paul Meyer as his successor-Meyer was my pick too, but was he the most qualified?) Tom's charge the past five years was to get things done, not groom his successor."

The jury is still out for me on this hire as I've read conflicting reports. However, I'm willing to give the guy a chance. I'm not worried if he stinks-he'll be out on a rail if he does. (We're not afraid to get rid of people who don't fit here-even if they are one of our own (Peterson!) So, I say, give the guy a chance. Welcome Mr. Eichorst! Embrace Nebraska-Nebraska will embrace you.

• Fire 1

Don't have a good feeling over this hire. Have a kind of sad or disappointed feeling, that I had when Tom retired as coach and now as AD.

I thought there was a excellent list of former Huskers, that were on the short list, this comes out of nowhere.

Perlman had better hope this is the right guy, his Pederson hire was bad enough, but giving the okay on those raises, only to have them fired, didn't look like he handled any of that to well.

GBR!!!