Option dead?

HANC

I know it is early in the game, and I think that I would honestly like to see Texas win the game.. I believe that the horns are the only team out there that can beat USC..

Anyone watching this game.... man, Franchionne's offense is a lot of fun to watch... This is the type of offensive football scheme that I truly enjoy... Today, this team can run the ball with old-style option, West-coast option from shot-gun, pass the ball to TE from regular set, or spread the field with a run/throw option.

Damn, it is refreshing to watch a team be versatile..... Last night, some announcer druing one of the games on Thanksgiving stated that the day of the dropback passer is dead !!!!! You need a QB that can run-pass in order to survive at the top... Man , I hope Freeman can run !!!!

I do like how the 12th man is playing today! It just looks like UT is flat and looking ahead to the Big 12 Title game. Then again this is a HUGE game to these Texas kids. Aggies showing UT "see ya should of recruited me". I have always respected the Aggies. I would love to see them upset the Longhorns. As I type this the Aggies just sacked Young twice to start the second half and got the ball on the fumble. This is turning out to be a very interesting game!

UT looks LOST against the option here folkes!

The option A&M is running is totally different then what Nebraska ran. I wouldn't mind seeing the spread option come to Lincoln but the option of the past is dead.

Not so fast my friend. :lol:

The option that AM was using a lot was the counter option, which Gill made famous way back when ......

Another option that AM used a bunch was the wingback option, which TO, Frost, and Wiggins introduced to Tennessee in '97 .....

I agree that I would like to see some form of the Spread option and I think that it would fit nicely into the WCO scheme of things....maybe if we ever get another duel QB, it may become another weapon...

With that said, I am not suggesting that I want the offense of old, because I am not. It is just fun to watch when it is clicking.....but so is our new scheme when everything clicks.....

The 'skers are makin' progress !!!!! :clap

Critics can shut the he!! up. :box