Does Bo Have the Emotional Stability to Lead?

notcosmo

Yeah, I feel coherent posts should be dignified with responses, not gif-bombing meant to derail threads. Even if you don't agree with it. And please, no IBTL posts. Yeah, we'll lock the threads that need to be, but don't be part of the reason a thread needs to be! ;)

All that said, that one dude's billowing boxers, magnificent. So silky. So smooth.

I feel that Bo's "mental stability" things are based on caricature, not reality.

Yeah, I feel coherent posts should be dignified with responses, not gif-bombing meant to derail threads. Even if you don't agree with it. And please, no IBTL posts. Yeah, we'll lock the threads that need to be, but don't be part of the reason a thread needs to be! ;)

All that said, that one dude's billowing boxers, magnificent. So silky. So smooth.

I am merely going by what happens after we lose...

do we, as a board, have the emotional stability to post after a loss? that is a conversation we need to have.

Gonna go ahead and say "no" which is why I have maybe 3 posts in the Husker Football forum since Saturday (outside this thread)

During games too. One bad play and there's a lot of freakout over how terrible the player is. A good play and then a lot of expletive-laden celebration. I'd encourage people not to ride the highs and lows so much. The post game, some of it is the same as the in-game stuff: only it's extended over the entire week. People call for a guy to be benched after he appears to make a bad play (whether or not he did). And after a loss, a lengthy discussion over who our next coach will be.

Definitely a very common tendency to run with the gut and overreact.

I just joined because I haven't seen this discussed...at least not in depth. Is it just me or do the team meltdowns coincide with Bo's meltdowns?

Right before halftime there was a brief shot of Bo in Ankrah's face. Veins popping, finger pointing, words like "****-sucker" and "m-f'r" - we're all familiar with it.... Not saying Jason can't handle the asswhuppin'. More that if you are a young man or a young team in a come from behind situation you probably look to your coach for leadership. If your leader has completely lost his mind and is no longer capable of coherent thought...where do you look now?

We all know Bo does irrational things when he falls apart... fighting with referees when there's no way to win...being surly to the press when they are about as "softball" as a press corps can be, chiding the fans because they want to win (you gotta be f'n kidding!) and blaming players when it's clear coaching is the problem - if the players aren't doing what they are coached to do.... "point the thumb", a-hole!

I don't think we have a problem with athletes. We aren't Alabama or FSU, but we have talent. That talent shows at least one quarter of every game. I don't think we have a problem with assistants (Barney? Well...) We can't finish, we can't sustain.... I think the reason is that Bo's ego won't let it flourish. When things don't go his way, he gets pissed and tries to blame someone else.

His system is obviously not perfect but he won't make a change. I want to ask all of you to think back....this is the same problem we had in '08. This isn't about one game. it's about 5 years.

There is something wrong in that locker room. We've had two Def Coords and two Off Coords.... the same thing keeps happening. The constant? Bo. He isn't mature enough to be a head coach.....

sh#t, more stable than this board.

I just joined because I haven't seen this discussed...at least not in depth. Is it just me or do the team meltdowns coincide with Bo's meltdowns?

Right before halftime there was a brief shot of Bo in Ankrah's face. Veins popping, finger pointing, words like "****-sucker" and "m-f'r" - we're all familiar with it.... Not saying Jason can't handle the asswhuppin'. More that if you are a young man or a young team in a come from behind situation you probably look to your coach for leadership. If your leader has completely lost his mind and is no longer capable of coherent thought...where do you look now?

You obviously can't read lips, and have absolutely no idea why Bo was yelling at Jason. I knew exactly what he was saying before they even showed him, "outside contain!". Ankrah Totally blew the play, he had every right to be yelled at and if I was in his shoes I would have been expecting it no matter who the coach was. Just a total mental error and something he was most defiantly not coached to do, hence the yelling.

Apologies to everyone for bringing some rational thought to this thread...

You may continue on.

DON'T DO THIS AGAIN.

Here we go again. Another 'Let's gang up on Bo,' thread from a poster with less than 500 posts.

T_ O_B

:facepalm:

So, he has less than 500 posts. does that mean he's not allowed to express his opinion. :dunno :dunno :dunno :dunno

Here we go again. Another 'Let's gang up on Bo,' thread from a poster with less than 500 posts.

T_ O_B

:facepalm:

It's not so much that, as somebody who hasn't taken the time to see the other 35 "Lets gang up on Bo" threads...

do we, as a board, have the emotional stability to post after a loss? that is a conversation we need to have.

Not even, at all.. I don't post much because I'm mostly get on here from my phone and it's a pain the rear, but I do read a lot. The one thing I find (on here anyway) is that the fanbase is always split after a loss. I think the "Bo needs to go" crowd is a vocal minority of the fanbase as a whole. I usually don't agree with them, but this time they have a legitimate point. That being that Bo not knowing what went wrong in this game is kinda sad. Miller broke contain one time and we went full retard and decided to stop pressuring him as much as we did. As composed as miller is, he is still a young, largely inexperienced qb. Bo, John or however, for whatever reason doesn't go after these type of quarterbacks and that needs to be done quite a bit more if we want to succeed. So, in conclusion, Bo does not need to go anywhere, he's still fine. We still control our own destiny. Hopefully, he really does some hardcore evaluation and comes up with the schemes that will work.