War on Drugs

That's a rather useless chart now isn't it. Nice find. Are you starting a thread where we are supposed to post misleading graphics about ambiguous topics?

What? You sound like you need a hug. :(

I like hugs.

But really, you don't think that chart is useless?

It compares a percentage to amount over time in which the variables are changing. (i.e. population, currency values, etc..)

It displays a random large number that cannot be calculated based on anything in the chart.

---

I've seen you ask for "facts" to backup other folks posts. Get to work bro.

Until then this thread is meant for silly useless charts :

watch-1.jpeg

Which of my statements in this thread would you like me to back up with facts? Please let me know and I'll get on it ASAP. Thanks.

So you weren't starting a thread to discuss the "War on Drugs" using that chart as your seed post? You're not making any statements by posting that chart?

This thread really is just for silly charts?

Which of my statements in this thread would you like me to back up with facts? Please let me know and I'll get on it ASAP. Thanks.

So you weren't starting a thread to discuss the "War on Drugs" using that chart as your seed post? You're not making any statements by posting that chart?

I can repeat the question if you need me to do so:

Which of my statements in this thread would you like me to back up with facts?

I can repeat the question if you need me to do so:

Which of my statements in this thread would you like me to back up with facts?

You're the OP. The only thing in your first post is a goofy chart, and some link to a site that also is just displaying the chart.

If you aren't going to claim that chart as "your statement" and back it up, why did you start this thread?

I'll discuss the war on drugs, but you gotta admit you could have started the discussion with something a little better than a fundraising advertisement for an indy documentary.

Jumped the gun a bit, didn't you conga? :P

If you'd like to discuss the war on drugs, let's do so. If you'd like to continue demanding that I get to work backing up my statements with facts, I'm going to need you to identify which statement you'd like backed up. Alternatively . . . you could admit that you didn't think this through. Either way could work.

Slow down. Calm down. If you'd do that maybe we could even have a discussion.

• Fire 2

OK... it's a bit weird to ask me to start the discussion in your thread, but I'll play your little game.

The 'war on drugs' is a critical and worthwhile expenditure that the US government has been conducting since at least 1970. .

Over the years, the government has had to increase spending to keep up with war.

The war on drugs has been a success at keeping the % of those addicted to approx 1.5% of the population.

$1.5 Trillion is a lot of money.

Please see my chart for the facts to backup my statement :

40Years0fDrugWarFailure.jpg

The 'war on drugs' is a critical and worthwhile expenditure that the US government has been conducting since at least 1970. .

Now we're talking. (And I guess that you've abandoned your demand that I back up my statements with facts, bro?)

No arguments that combatting illegal drug abuse is critical. From what I've seen I'd like to see the following changes in our strategy:

1. Focus more attention on treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicts rather than straight incarceration.

2. Simultaneously, maintain or increase the penalties for distributing narcotics.

3. Where fiscally prudent, expand the training and deployment of canine units.

4. Increase cooperation with foreign governments (Mexico - methamphetamine, Columbia - cocaine, etc.) to intercept shipments both inside and outside of the US.

5. Decriminalize marijuana.

Thoughts?

• Fire 3