What the CU dominating win will do for recuriting

Nate

and even Bartnett knew he got his ass completely out coached today......

hunter

Not many people would have thought him capable of outcoaching more than a pop-warner level coach a few weeks ago. Him and his staff took plenty of sh#t this season for whatever reasons and they did an absolutely marvelous job for this game. You could tell after that screen pass to Ross for the TD that the kids believed and they continued to execute and never let up. Callahan knew what he was calling was going to work all day. Hats off to Callahan, Norvell and Wagner for getting the O-line to sync up, rotating the players to keep them fresh, recognizing the weaknesses that NU could exploit and coaching it to the kids so that they could properly execute it. Hats off to Cosgrove for organizing a beautiful gameplan on D. I haven't seen NU thoroughly whip a decent team's ass like this for 5 or 6 years. There are still going to be growing pains, but momentum from a win like this could definitely get the ball rolling, because the team gained so much CONFIDENCE from this win. Everyone went out shopping for Christmas presents today and I stayed home and Bill Callahan gave us an early present today. Forget the missed opportunities and inconsistencies during the season, Nebraska played awesome today and I loved it!

From what I have heard, it doesnt mean too much. Does this one game mean more than getting dominated by KU, or getting destroyed by Tech last year??

Im not so sure its gonna have a big impact on recruiting. More than anything, if any commits come in, its a timing issue, IMO.

Former you post are filled with bitterness, I think Colorado needs another classless fan to throw bottles on the field. After one of the best games nebraska could play, you come out and piss on the game, I am glad that you tag is FormerFan so we don't have to justify you being a fan of the program.

From what I have heard, it doesnt mean too much. Does this one game mean more than getting dominated by KU, or getting destroyed by Tech last year??

Let me guess, the "from what you heard" came from Benard? :dumdum

People don't remember the untelevised KU or the Tech game last year, they remember yesterday.

The nation witnessed first hand the heart of Husker Nation in it's team.

The nation also layed witness to the classless antics that the Colorado program allows to occur. They allow it because this is not the first year, nor will it be the last, that some of their fans have acted in this manner.

If you don't believe in Callahan and the WCO after yesterday, you never will.

Im not so sure its gonna have a big impact on recruiting. More than anything, if any commits come in, its a timing issue, IMO.

Of course you don't think it will do anything for recruiting. You don't think this team, this staff, or this game will do anything for anybody.

Riddle me this, young one. If one good win will supposedly bolster recruiting, why cannot the opposite be said?? After watching NU flounder for 21 games under billy c, "highly rated" recruits have been committing to NU. Why would ONE GOOD GAME make much difference???

NU seemed to pick up a "highly rated" class last year, when they were disorganized, unmotivated, and under-coached. What is one good game going to do in the big picture??

Let me guess, the "from what you heard" came from Benard? :dumdum

People don't remember the untelevised KU or the Tech game last year, they remember yesterday.

The nation witnessed first hand the heart of Husker Nation in it's team.

The nation also layed witness to the classless antics that the Colorado program allows to occur. They allow it because this is not the first year, nor will it be the last, that some of their fans have acted in this manner.

If you don't believe in Callahan and the WCO after yesterday, you never will.

Funny, after NU kicked UF's butt in the Fiesta Bowl, alot of highly touted players didnt want to come to NU, (Odell James for one) they said that they may never see the field.

Fast forward to 04, and after watching the team flounder and get manhandled in ways that it never has, NU got its most highly rated class in like 8-10 years. Do you really think that recruits looks at ONE GAME as a reason to attend a school, are you that ignorant?? They are looking for playing time, opportunity to get to the NFL, atmosphere, academics, feeling of home/belonging/comfort.

Do you really think that one game is gonna all of a sudden change that?? And if so, why have all of the bad games NOT changed it???

So you just want them to committ on the spot? :wtf

Not neccessarily, but alot of these guys will end up committing after returning home from a weeked recruiting trip, because something "feels right." Sure the weekend isnt up, and a commit or two may come in, but in the big picture, one game isnt gonna make or break a recruit, normally.

Like I pointed out before, sometimes one GOOD game (96 Fiesta Bowl) can actually hinder your recruiting. I dont think that one game normally has a huge effect on whether a recruit is gonna sign on the line. Maybe I have missed something, but I have rarely heard a recruit say "Man, they kicked the crap out of So-and-so State, Im going to school there." Inversely, alot of the guys that have committed to NU in the past 2 years comment on how they like "Where the program is going" and "The direction" even after a bad loss.