Saban taking on another new challenge?

It hasn't happened very often that someone coaches till 70-75 years old and still be able to keep winning. Like I said, Both Bowden and Paterno weren't able to do it and those are the winningest coaches in history. Can he do it? Sure. But, he odds are against him being able to keep the program at this level at that age.

Understood. I'm fully aware of the obstacles you're presenting here. We'd be remiss not to acknowledge that Saban's getting better with age as a coach. I've obviously approached this from a future hypothetical perspective based on his current results.

It remains to be seen if Saban can or will go another 10 years @ Bama? But judging by his present results, he's in a very comfortable situation and is winning big on-and-off the field, age be damned. ;)

On a sidenote, Bowden was 63 and 69 when he won those 2 National Titles in '93 and '99 respectively.

Saben turns 61 Halloween day. Boosters have been working on an anti escape clause, meaning what ever it takes money wise he is staying. Amounts have been floated all the way to 12 million. He is not leaving for money for sure. But he made the statement about a month ago that he does not need anymore money. He loves what he is doing, but always looks for challenges. I think he will end his career there, but I doubt it will be much longer than 5 years more.

His life is recruiting, enjoys it more than part of coaching. It shows for sure.