I'm finally there, sadly so.

blah blah blah! You don't have to specifically call someone the word to have it be offensive. I can think of a lot of sentences that can be used with the n-word that, if used, would be offensive. The point is that it is an offensive word. We are just saying be careful with the terms you use, that's all. This one singles out a group of individuals and has connotations of being a lesser person.

BTW - I have a son who has cerebral palsy who, if this were a different time, would have been relegated to lesser classes. We taught him how he needs to study differently that others. He graduated high school with a 4.0 in advanced classes, and continues that 4.0 into his junior year in college majoring in Actuarial Sciences. Just saying he would have been someone in that "retard" classification when he was young.

Blah blah blah. I'm happy to keep responding to these posts as long as the mods allow it. It doesn't matter to me if your son has cerebral palsay, if you work with mentally handicapped, or anything like that. I'm still going to use the word. Never did I say nobody would find it offensive - I simply said it's not against the board rules as long as you're not directly calling someone a retard.

If that bothers you, ignore my posts. Or petition the board to make it against the rules to use the word at all, just as it is with racial slurs (which is why you're all not actually writing that word, but implying it with the first letter).

Changing coaches would set us back. Way back. With Callahan there were many games where we knew we couldn't win the game. With every game with Pelini at the helm, I feel we have a shot to win so long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately, we do shoot oursleves in the foot way too often. I think the better plan is to give Bo time to fix this and see what needs to be changed either form a scheme, his own coaching or his asisstants. If we fire Pelini, like many have said, we will look like fools once again and nobody is going to want to coach here. To the OP, you are full of it...you have been against Pelini from day 1 on here...

^^ This. Doesn't anyone remember how painful and disruptive it is to hire a new coach? It's not like we would instantly get better. We would likely lose most of the recruiting class. And we would have a roster full of guys who don't necessarily fit the new schemes (on both sides of the ball). The best we could hope for is two or three throw-away years while the new staff gets things going their way. Even then we might not be any better than now. The best option for NU is to stay the course with Pelini. I would feel the same way if we had failed to convert that last TD and NW won the game.

/+1 to Joe.. And, oh yeah, this thread is chock full of win. Stupidity and win! :lol:

I agree, we are so close and within the next two years I firmly believe we will turn the corner. With the mess that Callahan made and Bo being a first time head coach this wasn't going to be turned around just in four or five years. I've said it several times that Bo's first two recruiting classes were terrible for obvious reasons: 5-7 season and first year coach. It's gotten better Bo now has a solid foundation. You're going to get better players if you prove that you can win at least eight games every season and we're starting to see that.

Changing coaches would set us back. Way back. With Callahan there were many games where we knew we couldn't win the game. With every game with Pelini at the helm, I feel we have a shot to win so long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately, we do shoot oursleves in the foot way too often. I think the better plan is to give Bo time to fix this and see what needs to be changed either form a scheme, his own coaching or his asisstants. If we fire Pelini, like many have said, we will look like fools once again and nobody is going to want to coach here. To the OP, you are full of it...you have been against Pelini from day 1 on here...

^^ This. Doesn't anyone remember how painful and disruptive it is to hire a new coach? It's not like we would instantly get better. We would likely lose most of the recruiting class. And we would have a roster full of guys who don't necessarily fit the new schemes (on both sides of the ball). The best we could hope for is two or three throw-away years while the new staff gets things going their way. Even then we might not be any better than now. The best option for NU is to stay the course with Pelini. I would feel the same way if we had failed to convert that last TD and NW won the game.

/+1 to Joe.. And, oh yeah, this thread is chock full of win. Stupidity and win! :lol:

I agree, we are so close and within the next two years I firmly believe we will turn the corner. With the mess that Callahan made and Bo being a first time head coach this wasn't going to be turned around just in four or five years. I've said it several times that Bo's first two recruiting classes were terrible for obvious reasons: 5-7 season and first year coach. It's gotten better Bo now has a solid foundation. You're going to get better players if you prove that you can win at least eight games every season and we're starting to see that.

"Close" ... "close" to me is defined by all the small things ... tackling, blocking, executing, holding onto the ball, catching the ball, no turnovers, playing smart, few penalties ... no draft class solves any of these problems. Just look at the mostly 2-star and 3-star Kansas St team to see this. Our problems have nothing to do with talent.

I was hoping for Bo to turn this thing around, but through 4 1/2 years it's painfully obvious he sucks at coaching fundamentals, and he just doesn't come close to getting the most out of his players.

His days are numbered unless we somehow manage not to get blown out by Michigan next week. In other words, his days are numbered. He's coaching for his job from here on out.

You're honor! I'd like this statement stricken from the record!

Too late dude... Changing coaches would set us back. Way back. With Callahan there were many games where we knew we couldn't win the game. With every game with Pelini at the helm, I feel we have a shot to win so long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately, we do shoot oursleves in the foot way too often. I think the better plan is to give Bo time to fix this and see what needs to be changed either from a scheme, his own coaching or his asisstants. If we fire Pelini, like many have said, we will look like fools once again and nobody is going to want to coach here. To the OP, you are full of it...you have been against Pelini from day 1 on here...

I still stand by most of what I said. He sucks at coaching fundamentals and he doesn't get the most out of the players he has. That much has become clear through 4 1/2 years. And he knew as well as anyone he was coaching for his job late in that game. You could see it on his face when Northwestern's kicker missed that field goal. He knew right there it saved him from a mountain of backlash. There's no question that win bought him a little rope.

He can buy a whole lot more by preparing his guys to play a (mostly) mistake-free game this weekend.

I was hoping for Bo to turn this thing around, but through 4 1/2 years it's painfully obvious he sucks at coaching fundamentals, and he just doesn't come close to getting the most out of his players.

His days are numbered unless we somehow manage not to get blown out by Michigan next week. In other words, his days are numbered. He's coaching for his job from here on out.

Too late dude... Changing coaches would set us back. Way back. With Callahan there were many games where we knew we couldn't win the game. With every game with Pelini at the helm, I feel we have a shot to win so long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. Unfortunately, we do shoot oursleves in the foot way too often. I think the better plan is to give Bo time to fix this and see what needs to be changed either from a scheme, his own coaching or his asisstants. If we fire Pelini, like many have said, we will look like fools once again and nobody is going to want to coach here. To the OP, you are full of it...you have been against Pelini from day 1 on here...

I don't question that I may be "full of it"...most of us on here are full of it..not doubt about that. I do question the "against Pelini from day 1 on here...". I know I've probably questioned him at times and made a tongue in cheek comment about "Fire Bo, Dig up Bob"....but I guess I'd like to see any evidence of overwhelming comments indicating I've "been against Pelini from day 1 on here..." Thanks

I still stand by most of what I said. He sucks at coaching fundamentals and he doesn't get the most out of the players he has. That much has become clear through 4 1/2 years. And he knew as well as anyone he was coaching for his job late in that game. You could see it on his face when Northwestern's kicker missed that field goal. He knew right there it saved him from a mountain of backlash. There's no question that win bought him a little rope.

He can buy a whole lot more by preparing his guys to play a (mostly) mistake-free game this weekend.

This mirrors my feelings exactly. It's the WAY we play football that is frustrating. Taylor's turnovers don't bother me. I don't mind the kids making mistakes. Taylor is improving. It's watching linemen pull into each other on a critical 4th down play. It's watching beck run a tricky multiple option play on a critical 2 point conversion despite the fact that northwestern had strung out the option and defended it well every time prior to this call. I love that we play hard and fight to the end but something with our schemes needs some adjusting. Sometimes our offense and/or defense feels like the square peg in the round hole thing...