Share your Chicago experience!

I stayed with family up in Kenosha, just across the Wisconsin border. We took the Metra down to the game, so we were at the mercy of the train schedule. We watched the whole bumbling, fumbling, stumbling mess of a game until about 7:20 to go in the 4th quarter when we had to leave to catch the last train going north at 6:11. So we watched the worst part of the game, but missed the great comeback and all the drama at the end. I sat about four rows behind 007 (he's in one of my pics of the stadium), so I would have been right there at the corner when the team came off the field, joining in the celebration. The trains on the weekends suck, and I'm not happy.

Kenosha is a fine little town. We ate at Frank's, the oldest continuously-operated diner in America. We shopped at Tenuta's, a great Italian deli with tons of authentic stuff from the old country. We had fun with family and the drive was pretty easy, but missing the last few minutes of the game kinda ruined the whole trip.

Northwestern fans are great. We were welcomed, we talked with several before the game, and we had a fine time talking about the aftermath on the train. There were several NW fans at Frank's the next morning when we went in for breakfast and we chatted with them as well. I will definitely make the trip up there again in a couple of years.

Ryan Field is fine, I guess. It's not the kind of facility we're used to in the Big 8/Big XII, but it's OK. I think a lot of college stadiums are like this place. I'll reiterate everyone's assessment - it's like a glorified High School stadium. I didn't use the pisser so I don't know what the amenities are like, but it's damned easy to get in and out of. Their scoreboard might as well not have a screen - it's so small you can't see anything. It's like trying to watch a 19" TV from clear across the room.

The field is grass, but it held up really, really well. So well that we were trying to find out if it was grass or turf. We looked around our section, and for rows and rows and rows we couldn't find any NW fans. We really took over that stadium. I'm guessing it was 60/40 Huskers/Wildcats. Funny stuff.

Knapp' - I thought I recalled you grew up in DesPlaines? If so, when did your family move to Kenosha?