Ann Coulter

Obviously you are not going to change your mind, and neither am I. But my point is that Derp has no real definition, much like many of the words of the internet age. So some people take the term and apply it appropriately, but a lot of people take it out of context and change it. Retard is actually a good example. It has been used on and off as an acceptable term for the mentally challenged. Now its has been used as a personal attack on people who are most generally not considered mentally challenged, or handicapped. Whatever is PC these days.

My point was not directed at Knapp and not you. But I am not truly offended. I just find it ironic that some things are considered offensive and personal attacks, and others are not. I was merely trying to make a point. Apparently I failed. I was trying to agree with you about the fact that Derp and Retard are often used interchangeably.

Glad someone agrees with me. While I don't need others to share my beliefs in order to have them, it sure is nice to know I'm not alone on HB.

Carry on...

Context is everything. With one exception, the use of the term "derp" on HuskerBoard has been used to describe a post - not to describe the poster. Calling what someone writes as "derp" is different than calling someone "a derp" or "derp". The day we see it used to describe a poster is the day it becomes a personal attack.