Martinez the TRUE leader on the field

I don't think he's running tentatively, I think he's running more like a running back. Seems as though ever since the wiscy game he's been running with a lot more patience and wiggle than we've ever seen in the previous 2 years. With the new style it seems as though he's taken a lot fewer shots than he normally does when he would go 0-100 in a blink of an eye. That ussually resulted in him ending up in the end zone or with a helmet in his chest. I like the new style.

Yes Taylor is a leader on the field. His teammates agree with that statement also:

"Taylor stepped up unbelievable like I've never seem him do before," said offensive tackle Jeremiah Sirles. "He stepped up and he was such a leader. He was vocal. He was demanding in the huddle. He demanded respect from people. He demanded people listen. I think he pulled us through there. I'll say that Taylor pulled us through this win."

Link: http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/football/2012/michigan/martinez-brings-some-fire-to-husker-huddle/article_f1e7a7a2-54c6-5b17-8227-795ce6c57fd8.html

His perfomance in my mind cemented his leadership qualities and leadership ability to hang tough in close games. This will put an end to those who call for the backup QB's to see playing time, trust me, heard plenty of those comments during the 3rd quarter to the 8min mark of the 4th quarter. There is a logical reason Taylor is our starting QB, not RK3, not Brion, no offense to those guys I am not disrespecting their talents but Taylor is the starter. He proved why.

He sure did play well and showed grit. Generally, he has been doing this for some time. Hard not to respect a kid who has improved so much, persevered against some tough criticism, and overcome some physical injuries. All the ingredients for a leader by example are there.

Well done, Taylor.

• Fire 1

He sure did play well and showed grit. Generally, he has been doing this for some time. Hard not to respect a kid who has improved so much, persevered against some tough criticism, and overcome some physical injuries. All the ingredients for a leader by example are there.

Well done, Taylor.

You would like to think so. Not on Huskerboard.

• Fire 1

Yeah... the Huskers have had some gritty tough and likeable QBs even in their "down" years. I always liked Ganz and I liked the Taylor kid as well. Now we have TMart and he has done a fine job against much criticism.

I look forward to TMart for next year too and then with some guys in the hopper like Armstrong and Stanton (once he signs... which I do not doubt he will... just letter of intent day has not yet come) NU should be pretty good at the QB position for a while.

Those who still rag on TMart seem off base to me at this point --- what more can he do? He has played with heart and grit... gotta love that.

A thought as to why some might still harp on TMart is that he is not likely to be an up and coming Joe Montana-type NFL QB. Fair enough. Almost no one is. But people need to recognize you can be a great college QB w/o having an NFL-type body and skill set. Heck... look how good T. Frazier, Scott Frost, and Eric Crouch were in college--- and none were NFL guys. TMart is a good approaching very good college QB already and he has 18-20 games or so left.

• Fire 1

Yeah... the Huskers have had some gritty tough and likeable QBs even in their "down" years. I always liked Ganz and I liked the Taylor kid as well. Now we have TMart and he has done a fine job against much criticism.

I look forward to TMart for next year too and then with some guys in the hopper like Armstrong and Stanton (once he signs... which I do not doubt he will... just letter of intent day has not yet come) NU should be pretty good at the QB position for a while.

Those who still rag on TMart seem off base to me at this point --- what more can he do? He has played with heart and grit... gotta love that.

A thought as to why some might still harp on TMart is that he is not likely to be an up and coming Joe Montana-type NFL QB. Fair enough. Almost no one is. But people need to recognize you can be a great college QB w/o having an NFL-type body and skill set. Heck... look how good T. Frazier, Scott Frost, and Eric Crouch were in college--- and none were NFL guys. TMart is a good approaching very good college QB already and he has 18-20 games or so left.

I think Taylor is making himself a very good College QB, but the I don't think he is NFL caliber. While I say this, Ricky Stanzi, someone who is not NFL caliber, gets paid to sit on the Chief's bench, so who knows what the next level holds for him. I wouldn't doubt that he would go undrafted, but not 1st or 2nd round.

We are set at QB for quite some time, at least for the next 6 years. From what I have heard, Bubba Starling plans on coming to Nebraska when his contract with the Royals is over. Again, this is something that I heard. Stanton is pretty much a guarantee. We are one team that stood strong with our offer and didn't question him after his ACL injury. Then again, nothing is for sure, until LOI is signed. Our offensive recruits are coming, and its time we buckle down and focus on LB and DT/DE like we have been. So far, I have been impressed with our commits so far. There are more out there, who are not ready to go public yet, that are suppose to make us even more impressed.

I don't think he's running tentatively, I think he's running more like a running back. Seems as though ever since the wiscy game he's been running with a lot more patience and wiggle than we've ever seen in the previous 2 years. With the new style it seems as though he's taken a lot fewer shots than he normally does when he would go 0-100 in a blink of an eye. That ussually resulted in him ending up in the end zone or with a helmet in his chest. I like the new style.

I say he runs tenitive because there have been a some instances when he goes to hit a gap and you can just tell by him looking around or not running hard at the gap, that he is thinking something. Whether's its "the coach is gonna kick my arse if I do this" or "should I really be doing this" or "damn this looks like it might hurt" or "did I progress through all my reads" IDK. There was a run during the Wisconson game (I think?), that he ended up scoring on, he was out ahead of the defender and he actually slowed down enough that it forced him to stiff arm the guy. Does anyone remember that play? I really have no idea why he reacted the way he did when all that was in front of him was endzone