Des Moines Register

This one actually surprises me. Living in Iowa for 15 years, I was always frustrated at how liberal the paper was. And, while I always was uncomfortable with a news outlet endorsing a candidate, at least you know where they are leaning.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20121027/OPINION03/121026026/The-Register-endorsement-Mitt-Romney-offers-a-fresh-economic-vision?Opinion&nclick_check=1

That is surprising and rather interesting. I thought their rationale for endorsing Romney was spot on, as well as their reasoning behind not endorsing Obama again. Amazing that the Des Moines Register has not endorsed a Republican candidate for President since Richard Nixon in 72. Carter, Mondale, Dukakis, Clinton, Gore, Kerry, & Obama all in a row. Wow! Yet, they feel a second term for Obama will lead in the wrong direction. That's a whole lot of liberal tendency to overcome at the Register. They must be even more disillusioned with Obama's four years than I am and that's saying something.

BTW BRB, it seems most newspapers are liberal and frustratingly so. The problem is that a lot of people look at their local newspaper as some sort of expert or impartial observer when that couldn't be further from the truth. If they are endorsing a candidate, chances are that they also have some kind of agenda so, they end up influencing some of the least informed or misinformed voters with their opinions. It wouldn't bother me except that most seem to have given up any journalistic integrity. Whatever happened to running with the facts and particulars and letting people decide for themselves? It's no wonder print news is a dying breed.