ABC Regional Map

RedTexan

I am in that little splotch of Florida. It includes the Tampa Bay metro.

Not sure, but I suspect that means there are enough Husker fans in the Bay area to move the needle on ABC, so they give it to us for the mother network's ratings benefits. I know we have a half dozen or more large alumni groups around here, with meetups of hundreds at several local bars and restaurants for games.

We seem to always be "that little splotch" on the coverage maps. I cannot think of any better explanation, so if anyone knows otherwise, I'd be interested to hear.

Station owner a Husker alum?

I am in that little splotch of Florida. It includes the Tampa Bay metro.

Not sure, but I suspect that means there are enough Husker fans in the Bay area to move the needle on ABC, so they give it to us for the mother network's ratings benefits. I know we have a half dozen or more large alumni groups around here, with meetups of hundreds at several local bars and restaurants for games.

We seem to always be "that little splotch" on the coverage maps. I cannot think of any better explanation, so if anyone knows otherwise, I'd be interested to hear.

I'd guess there are a decent number of Penn State fans retired in the FL metro areas. New York City may be our fanbase [sigh] but the neighboring teams are represented across all of NY.

Hey Joe,

You're probably right. I see quite a lot of PA plates here in the winter, especially. Like I said, I do see tons of Husker stickers and tags as well, and lots of Husker shirts. It's probably a combination of NU and PSU.

Still, must be tons of Huskers, because we get almost all NU games on ABC, but only in the Tampa metro. The rest of Florida is always on the ESPN channel in the split.

Interesting.

Hey Joe,

You're probably right. I see quite a lot of PA plates here in the winter, especially. Like I said, I do see tons of Husker stickers and tags as well, and lots of Husker shirts. It's probably a combination of NU and PSU.

Still, must be tons of Huskers, because we get almost all NU games on ABC, but only in the Tampa metro. The rest of Florida is always on the ESPN channel in the split.

Interesting.

That last part is very interesting. NU is a more national team whereas the floridians are split amongst 3 to 6 teams?