First Half Woes - How do they get corrected

beanman

I have no answers. Just frustration. We aren't that far from being 0-6 in the B1G. Michigan is the only team we pulled away from, and who knows what happens without Bellomy. Glad we're 5-1, but I really wish we could put together a full effort. I watched a KSU team filled with 2 and 3 star recruits dominate a pretty decent TCU team from start to finish. No falling behind big early, no crazy fourth quarter comeback. Just solid fundamental football from start to finish. I wish we were at least showing significant improvement as a team. I don't really see it.

when did TCU become full of 4 and 5 star players.

Didn't mean to imply that. Just saying the KSU, with very little talent for a top 25 team, is playing incredibly well, incredibly consistently, against some really good teams.

TCU is good but not as good as KSU. They must have some talent to be the #2 team in the nation.

I wasn't comparing KSU to TCU. I was more making the analogy from TCU to Michigan St., Wisconsin (September version) and Northwestern.

I have no answers. Just frustration. We aren't that far from being 0-6 in the B1G. Michigan is the only team we pulled away from, and who knows what happens without Bellomy. Glad we're 5-1, but I really wish we could put together a full effort. I watched a KSU team filled with 2 and 3 star recruits dominate a pretty decent TCU team from start to finish. No falling behind big early, no crazy fourth quarter comeback. Just solid fundamental football from start to finish. I wish we were at least showing significant improvement as a team. I don't really see it.

when did TCU become full of 4 and 5 star players.

Didn't mean to imply that. Just saying the KSU, with very little talent for a top 25 team, is playing incredibly well, incredibly consistently, against some really good teams.

TCU is good but not as good as KSU. They must have some talent to be the #2 team in the nation.

I wasn't comparing KSU to TCU. I was more making the analogy from TCU to Michigan St., Wisconsin (September version) and Northwestern.

:B):D

Husker fans have grown to hate this word, but it all comes down to one thing:

EXECUTION!!!

We don't do it in the first half, but we do in the 2nd half. I guess if I had to choose one half for us to execute, it would be the 2nd. I just wish we would do it the entire game.

I don't know if it's that simple. We look like we don't know what the hell we're doing at times. To me that points more to how we're preparing. Too much film study and not enough time getting these looks against the scout team or vice versa? I don't know what the issue is but it frustrating watching the first half. You always think in the back of your mind that we can come back because we've shown it multiple times, but still, it's going to catch up to us sooner or later. 10-2 does sound pretty damn good though.

EXECUTION!!!

We don't do it in the first half, but we do in the 2nd half. I guess if I had to choose one half for us to execute, it would be the 2nd. I just wish we would do it the entire game.

I don't know if it's that simple. We look like we don't know what the hell we're doing at times. To me that points more to how we're preparing. Too much film study and not enough time getting these looks against the scout team or vice versa? I don't know what the issue is but it frustrating watching the first half. You always think in the back of your mind that we can come back because we've shown it multiple times, but still, it's going to catch up to us sooner or later. 10-2 does sound pretty damn good though.

Here's an idea. Let's call up the opposing team from now on and see if they would like to come run their entire playbook against our defense on Thursday before the game. You think they would go for it?

You know, the best defense in college football this year just got jumped on early today. We aren't the only team that can get a little confused at the start of a game.

Well, I am planning on going to the Minnesota game and we have a losing streak dating back to 2004 for games that I attend. So I guess I should apologize in advance ;)

Then do the Huskerboard mods and admins a favor and don't go ;)

I promised my 5 year old that I'd take him to his first game this fall. And I am a man of my word.

EXECUTION!!!

Here's an idea. Let's call up the opposing team from now on and see if they would like to come run their entire playbook against our defense on Thursday before the game. You think they would go for it?

You know, the best defense in college football this year just got jumped on early today. We aren't the only team that can get a little confused at the start of a game.

Easy there Francis. I was just suggesting that it's not just execution. No need to get excited. And if you think Bama has the best D in the country after watching what that pathetic LSU offense did to them last week you must not be paying attention. They were great last year. This year, not even close to the same level. It's amazing what happens when they actually start playing some decent competition.

EXECUTION!!!

Easy there Francis. I was just suggesting that it's not just execution. No need to get excited

Ha, not an assertive statement. More of a funny thought since we seem to adjust well after halftime on defense.

f#*k it, let's just embrace this team for the hilarious mess that they are

i love it

I'm with you here. I couldnt help but make jokes today. Even when Taylor fumbled away a go ahead score on the first play of the 4th qtr, all I could say to folks sitting around me was "he looked at the clock and saw 15 minutes left. Cant take the lead yet" Hell, when they got the long pass over Green and looked like they were gonna take the lead with 7'some minutes left, I was saying "sh#t, there still 7 minutes left. We still have to fall behind by 10" It's almost like theyre just dickin with us now. Penn st fan in front of us, happy as hell at half time, looks right at me and has the nerve to ask "you nervous yet". All I could say was "we got you right where we want you".

It's entertainment at its best this season. Hopefully we put together a couple complete games to end the year cuz this stretch has been brutal.

Well, I am planning on going to the Minnesota game and we have a losing streak dating back to 2004 for games that I attend. So I guess I should apologize in advance ;)

I promised my 5 year old that I'd take him to his first game this fall. And I am a man of my word.

Aw crap. Hope you guys have fun at least!

Aw crap. Hope you guys have fun at least!

I normally like to get drunk so the game is easier to live with. Can't do that with the lad there.. It's worth the trip back just for a slice of Val's. It tastes good at the games; outside the games not as much.

• Fire 1