Proud of My Huskers!!

mwj98

I'll just say it....it's been a very tough season. After Ohio State, I thought...well...7-5 aint so bad. But they turned it around. I really watch alot of football on saturdays, like everyone else. I see the same mistakes being made, coaches losing it on the sidelines and games lost, that maybe should have been won. So, in other words, we are no different. Except for one thing....the fans......

In my neighborhood, on any given Saturday, you can see an array of college football flags being flown. Of course, I had to get the biggest Nebraska fan I can find! I always....and I mean always have folks stop by (if I am outside) and talk about how great the fans are and how great a program we have. Most acknowledge the down years, but all and all, the fans and the program is what folks bring up.

Win or lose, we have the reputation of having excellent fans...we do have some bad apples are out there, but for the most part, we have dedicated and loyal fans.

Just wanted to say that I am proud of our Program and the State of Nebraska. Ironic that the company I work for has plants in Holdredge, Broken Bow and Columbus....didn't know until I started working for the company.

GBR!

You say "the company" and I can't help but think of prison break.

How big is your flag, I want to make it bigger.

easy now caveman, we all know its not the size of the flag, its all bout how you fly it!

I am very proud of the Nebraska fan base. I lived in Iowa for 15 years and always was proud to be a Husker and what that stood for. I always wished I lived back in Nebraska and had more people to get together with and watch games.

However, Now that I live in Nebraska, I find myself more and more just liking to stay home with my family and watch the game. Here are some examples of why:

I think it was the Michigan game where we were invited over to the house of a good friend of mine to watch the game. I was excited because I love sitting around with a group who are all interested in the game. BUT, all throughout the game all I heard were comments about how we need a new QB or how Bo just isn't getting it done...and on and on and on.

I just don't understand it. I like watching games with people who are positive about the program and team. I like getting excited and being happy when we are winning. One of the guys was even an all American athlete in college.

For the Iowa game, I had my elderly parents down to watch the game. I thought for sure this was a safe move. Nope....half way through the first quarter, my mom pipes up and says..."We are going to lose by two touch downs." WTF?????

My 12 year old son even commented on it after the game about how it isn't fun sitting around with people who make comments like that.

Last year my wife and I went to the OSU game. Biggest come back in Husker history. Right in the middle of the come back when everything is exciting and the crowd is rocking, Taylor makes a great pass across the middle for a key first down. I think the play went for 15-20 yards. I'm all pumped and I turn to the guy sitting beside me and all he says is..."He friggen threw behind the receiver again." WTF????

So, I love the Huskers and I love being proud of Husker Nation.

BUT, I am finding it harder and harder to enjoy watching a game with other people.

Not to sound like a dick....but people who usually make "dumb" comments like that have never strapped up and played the game. "Need a new QB!?" WTF!!! "Taylor threw behind his recevier." Really? I've been around a few people like this before.....I give them facts and yet they still squawk. However, some will pipe down because we win the game or my Husker and Taylor facts are too much for them to handle. People expect perfection....your unlikely to get it this day and age of college football with so many teams having talented players and the game being highly competitive. I can't stand being around negative Husker fans during a game. More likely than not, they don't have a good argument for their bi#$hing.

Buster...totally agree about needing the right company to watch with.

For me it's more of an intensity thing. I yell...a lot. I'm embarrassed about it when I'm watching with people I don't know well who are clearly judging my level of enthusiasm. :)

Side note, I wonder if anyone has any rage habits while watching games. I have a friend who used to have what we referred to as the "Smacking Ottoman." Just what it sounds like - an ottoman that he hit when he was pissed off during games lol. Probably sounds like the stupidest thing ever...but hilarious. It ended up needing to be duct taped back together on the top.

Hilarious.

Lol....I don't wear hats all the time, but when I do....I've smacked them on the ground on more than occasion during poor plays/poor calls that don't go the Huskers way. I can get pretty vocal and crazy during games. ha