Hail Varsity trims the fat

lo country

The losses of Baker and Justin Jackson, I am afraid, are significant.

Bo has done well prepping his teams for CCGs. His issues were more about in-game adjustments. The TX game was masterful in many ways, but, I would have liked to have seen 2 or 3 really aggressive play calls (like Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass). Had NU gotten up by 7 or more, Suh might have had 20 sacks.

The OU game, similarly, in my mind came down to the decision to keep a struggling, dinged up, freshmen QB on the field.

T-Mart has definitely improved. But under the spotlight he has shown to be equally electrifying and electrocuting.

All in all, I can't wait to see what happens.

You beat me to the punch on mentioning those key players (Stein and Jackson) not being able to play this time around. Those added variables (unmentioned in an otherwise great article) really add a level of mystery/concern for this game.

Part of the reason we had so much success in stopping their run game in Sep was the fact the Stein had his best, most dominant game of the year. And part of the reason our offense ran and passed so effectively against a stout D was Jackson's ability to open holes for the run game and give Martinez the time he needed to make as many great throws as he did.

Biggest thing to note is that Chris Borland is coming off an injury and may not be full speed. He was huge in the first game.

That tackle that Borland has on Rex was incredible where he jumped over a blocker. He was a major key in slowing our rushing attack.

I remember Borland was no where to be found in the last 2 quarters though. That's how dominant we were in the 2nd half of that game. We gotta see more of that great blocking on Borland and Wiscy's other great LB (who had a great game himself...until said 2nd half).

The losses of Baker and Justin Jackson, I am afraid, are significant.

Bo has done well prepping his teams for CCGs. His issues were more about in-game adjustments. The TX game was masterful in many ways, but, I would have liked to have seen 2 or 3 really aggressive play calls (like Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass). Had NU gotten up by 7 or more, Suh might have had 20 sacks.

The OU game, similarly, in my mind came down to the decision to keep a struggling, dinged up, freshmen QB on the field.

T-Mart has definitely improved. But under the spotlight he has shown to be equally electrifying and electrocuting.

All in all, I can't wait to see what happens.

You beat me to the punch on mentioning those key players (Stein and Jackson) not being able to play this time around. Those added variables (unmentioned in an otherwise great article) really add a level of mystery/concern for this game.

Part of the reason we had so much success in stopping their run game in Sep was the fact the Stein had his best, most dominant game of the year. And part of the reason our offense ran and passed so effectively against a stout D was Jackson's ability to open holes for the run game and give Martinez the time he needed to make as many great throws as he did.

Biggest thing to note is that Chris Borland is coming off an injury and may not be full speed. He was huge in the first game.

That tackle that Borland has on Rex was incredible where he jumped over a blocker. He was a major key in slowing our rushing attack.

I remember Borland was no where to be found in the last 2 quarters though. That's how dominant we were in the 2nd half of that game. We gotta see more of that great blocking on Borland and Wiscy's other great LB (who had a great game himself...until said 2nd half).

Agree, also want to point out that we had 265 yards of rushing on their "stout" run D.