I Attended A Funeral Today

Flood

I love football. And, unfortunately, I have favorite teams. I say unfortunately because when you have favorite teams, there's a chance those teams will lose. And if you're truly a fan, it makes it hard to watch football of any kind for a little bit.

This is where perspective comes in.

Frankly, I am getting sick of the notion that people have that, just because the Huskers lost, fans are getting ready to jump off a bridge or sleep for three days straight or begin practicing self mutilation.

Football is one aspect of our lives. We love football. We love Husker football. We wait for it for months and months. We have big hopes that the team will win. We are invested and when the team doesn't win, that totally sucks. It takes away some of the joy that is football season.

Whether the Huskers win or lose, that result has little impact on the rest of our lives. We have families to look out for, bills to pay, vacations to go on, holidays to plan, miscellaneous jobs and other responsibilities to attend to and the list goes on and on.

Nebraska football is one part of life. That is it. That is all.

We bitch and moan about it for hours, maybe even a day or two. And then we move on to the next thing.

If there are people out there on this Monday night still rewinding the Wisconsin game tape and lamenting the defeat.... STOP IT. And if you can't, GET SOME HELP.

That is all.