Dirk Chatelain

Bo deserves it....year five here we are. Big stage is always a loss. Heck it wasn't like we were playing Bama

We played awful. No excuses and Bo took the blame.

I've watched a ton of Wisconsin games this year and I really didn't recognize a single set they ran last night.

Bo himself said he saw those plays, 99% of them to be exact, and they practiced against them. During the game they showed the same plays from this year and the previous year, so they have been run.

They saw 99% of the plays, but they were plays that were only on less than 99% of available game film. Part of the reason some play appear out of no where, is so that it gives teams that much more to prepare for. What Wisconsin ran successfully were the plays that were rarely used, but were amazingly effective because they were rarely used most of the year. Not too often does a team all of a sudden rely on plays that are barely used for the majority of the year. Credit Wisconsin, the players were not prepared well enough. They found what worked and stuck with it.

Also, when Wisconsin had all but 2 linemen at the LOS, couldn't we have had Taylor walk slowly to the center like he was going to audible and then take a quick quick snap under center and run sneak play while they were blitzing past him? They gave us 5 free yards every time they lined up that way. The guards and center could have a chosen a direction to go and block out the 2 players that were in front of them. It's hard for a defender to change direction at full speed when they don't expect a QB draw/sneak

Now's not the time to blast Dirk

We were hilariously out-coached and outplayed yesterday. Even Sipple and Shatel wrote negative columns.

Why not? If he can hold everybody else to a certain standard, I can hold him to even higher standards.

Any truth to the rumors that Dirk got a little snippy with Bo in the presser?

Bo got snippy with Dirk actually

I honestly think if Bo could fight and brutally mame one man it would be Dirk

And I'm no Dirk fan, but if Bo copped an attitude with him last night than hes even farther down the rabbit hole than I thought.

Bo deserves it....year five here we are. Big stage is always a loss. Heck it wasn't like we were playing Bama

We played awful. No excuses and Bo took the blame.

I've watched a ton of Wisconsin games this year and I really didn't recognize a single set they ran last night.

Bo himself said he saw those plays, 99% of them to be exact, and they practiced against them. During the game they showed the same plays from this year and the previous year, so they have been run.

Bingo

Well, sometimes its not the plays they are running, it can be how they block them.

+1

People tend to get to caught up in how a play looks, when really, most of the time, it is the blocking scheme that decides what happens. Just a guess here but I would say everything they watched on film told NU to crash their ends inside (unconventional most of the time) and set the edge with a safety (just guessing), essentially then, you are playing 4 gaps with 4 players.

Wisconsin must have assumed that NU would do that, let them crash in, pull a bigger player around and you have a great match up.

Get those logical conclusions off this board!