Joe Ganz

What? I don't know how anyone can say Taylor's mechanics are the same as his sophomore year.

They are still better. His injuries had a lot to do with the decline in his mechanics. His motion and mechanics were fine before the initial injury against Missiouri 2010. Watch videos. We all know now that he was injured, if not more that one spot, most to all of last season (2011). Now, he was supposedle 100% to start the year, but we also know he dinged up another ankle against Michigan.

My point was that his mechanics this year seemed to regress as the year moved on, though they were never as bad as they were in 2011.

I get that and I would agree about the injuries, but I just don't want this discussion about Taylor's mechanics to get to a point where we start focusing on it like we did last year. Taylor's done nothing but put in the work and time to improve himself as a QB and based off of his stats and what he's shown on the field, we need to give him credit where credit is due. IMO Taylor throws a good ball.

With apologies to Ganz and Taylor's private off-season QB coach: after all the hoopla about Taylor's improved footwork and throwing motion, I thought he looked very much like the Taylor Martinez from the season before, but throwing to a much better corps of receivers. Even his decision making seems about the same - a gambler's instinct that is thrilling when it works and maddening when it doesn't.

Completely agree with the above. I don't think he exactly had a remarkable amount of composure as a freshman, either. He had his bad games, pre-injury, but I mean, he was a freshman.

What? I don't know how anyone can say Taylor's mechanics are the same as his sophomore year.

They are still better. His injuries had a lot to do with the decline in his mechanics. His motion and mechanics were fine before the initial injury against Missiouri 2010. Watch videos. We all know now that he was injured, if not more that one spot, most to all of last season (2011). Now, he was supposedle 100% to start the year, but we also know he dinged up another ankle against Michigan.

My point was that his mechanics this year seemed to regress as the year moved on, though they were never as bad as they were in 2011.

I was about to state that he got worse as the year went on and some of that was because he got banged up again. I'm sure they are back to working on it now.