Gun Control

Roark

We. Are. Not. Talking. About. Generic. Violence.

We are talking about gun violence.

Becasue. Limiting. The. discussion. fits. YOUR. adgeda.

Dude. Seriously. You need to read the link he posted about your stats on "violent crime". Until you do that, there really is nothing to talk about.

• Fire 2

Gun Ciontrol, If you only want parrots of your opinion, chang the OP to read "only post here if you agree"

I'm expressing my view that gun control is not the answer.

Then go start a thread about violence in America. But don't tell me that I'm only looking at information that fits a particular agenda when I'm talking about the subject of this thread. :dunno

I could not disagree more with your assertion that gun control will curtail gun violence. If a law prevented murders, then the existing law against murder would suffice.

Hence my argument that gun control will do nothing more to reduce gun deaths, than current laws making murder illegal already stop murders.

I could not disagree more with your assertion that gun control will curtail gun violence. If a law prevented murders, then the existing law against murder would suffice.

Hence my argument that gun control will do nothing more to reduce gun deaths, than current laws making murder illegal already stop murders.

Murder rates in other developed nations would argue against you. England (ignoring your faulty data), Australia, Japan, The Netherlands, etc. All vastly lower murder rates than the United States. How do you explain that?

Don't have to believe me, the people at Harvard University are smarter than me, and probably you too.

Volume 30, Number 2 of the Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy (pp. 649-694), set out to answer the question in its title: "Would Banning Firearms Reduce Murder and Suicide? A Review of International and Some Domestic Evidence." Contrary to conventional wisdom, and the sniffs of our more sophisticated and generally anti-gun counterparts across the pond, the answer is "no." And not just no, as in there is no correlation between gun ownership and violent crime, but an emphatic no, showing a negative correlation: as gun ownership increases, murder and suicide decreases.