I welcome any Georgia Fans

gin_32

No need to get an attitude. You asked a question, I answered it for you. No need to get all offensive.

I change the font from 14 pt. to 18 pt. and all the sudden I'm offensive? Wow, the real world must be a scary place for you.

You make it seam like its easy for someone to come in and make an impact right away. It takes most players almost 3-4 years before they even see the field, even in preseason.

Yes, it is easy. Look at the 11 starters that have done it from Wisconsin....

I take it since your so willing to throw our coaching staff under the bus, that you could obviously put everyone in the NFL and have then starting their first year? Just because your good in college doesn't mean you will last in the NFL.

I didn't even mention the coaching staff. You seem to make a lot of assumptions. My point is, something is seriously wrong if we only put 1 starting lineman in the NFL in the last 3 years. You can say all you want about "team chemistry" or whatnot, but the fact is that great players make great teams, and you measure that by seeing how many make it to the next level. Off the top of my head, three college teams with some of the best linemen are Wisconsin, Alabama, and LSU. We've covered Wisconsin (11 NFL starters), but Alabama (9) and LSU (11) are right up there too. This is why you saw the CCG debacle. I don't know if it's recruiting, development, or a combination of both, but if we want to get serious about winning games, it all starts with the trenches.

Nebula, It's obvious that you do not follow UGA recruiting. For years Richt has under recruited as far as numbers go and really placed us at a disadvantage with teams in the SEC that either oversign and cull out those they don't want or practice the art of gray shirting. This puts us on a level with those schools that get caught with NCAA violations and lose a few scholarships because we are p[laying with less scholarship players than our other SEC schools. You talk about lack of quality depth. Imagine playing Alabama who has a full 85 blue chip scholar athletes playing and you only have about 75 due to not managing your roster very well. That lack of depth might show up somewhere (perhaps the defensive line).

The reason Richt is "oversigning" this year is because we are about 10 scholarships down from last year and about ten of these are early enrollees that count towards last years class. What we are doing is playing catch up. Truthfully, we would be better off to have 25 top flight recruits every year and not have to play catch up.

On your second point. I was looking at the college teams that send the most players to the NFL and Nebraska is top five. UGA is #7. Nebraska must have some talent somewhere. No disrespect intended, but if that is true then people need to get off of Richt's back, because Nebraska is under-performing worse than Georgia.

http://www.nfl.com/n...most-nfl-talent

To be honest...I've actually always kind of liked Richt and Georgia. I just despise what your conference has done to the game.

I even have close relatives that went to Tech, so I root for Georgia annually just to piss them off. :lol:

It's not fair to hurl lacerating comments at you through some "guilt by association" justification. That's on me.

None of that changes how I feel about your conference, though. In the battle between integrity and winning, your comrades have scoffed at the former and are throughly unapologetic about Cam Newtoning their way into the latter. Over signing is the one thing that is copped to, but we both know damn well that's only a part of the full equation.

Well, I am not going to dispute that. Many of the teams in the SEC point the finger at the others (Auburn, UTenn, Bama) that have had NCAA violations and wonder why they never get punished harsher. It seems that if you are not cheating, you aren't trying. It is bothersome. It gets especially onerous when it comes to scholarships, over signing and gray shirts and the like. However, it is not common to just the SEC. I believe Ohio State and USC proved that.

Georgia is one $EC team that doesn't bother me too much, probably because they haven't been relevant till this year. Having said that, I expect them to kick the s##t out of us on New Years Day!

I think we have been pretty relevant. We haven't won the big one with Mark Richt, but we have a pretty good record overall.

Mark Richt era: 2001–current

The current head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs is Mark Richt, who joined the Bulldogs in 2001 after serving as the offensive coordinator of the Florida State Seminoles under Bobby Bowden. Since Richt's tenure began, Georgia has won two SEC championships – 2002 and 2005 – and 6 of their 7 SEC East Division Championships – 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012. (Out of those years Georgia represented the East in the SEC Championship Game in all but 2007.) Including bowl games, Richt’s record, as of November 21, 2012, is 116–39–0. His bowl record through 2010 is 7–3. Richt has been a fixture in the recruiting world ending up with top 5 classes the past 3 years. On October 8, 2011 Richt won his 100th career game as UGA's coach against Tennessee at Neyland Stadium 20–12.

Under Richt, Georgia is 8-4 against Tennessee, 4-8 against Florida, 8-4 against Auburn, and 10-1 against Georgia Tech, including games from 2001–12. In 2011, under Richt, Georgia defeated Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and Georgia Tech in the same season for the first time since 1981.

UGA has finished in the top ten of the final AP polls 9 times in 11 years since Richt has been head coach including rankings of #3 in 2002 and #2 in 2007. There is a good chance UGA finishes top 5 this year. I wouldn't say we have been irrelevant. Perhaps, we have not lived up to our potential and under performed some years, but I think a lot of the teams we have kept from going to the SEC Championship game would not say we are irrelevant.

Georgia is one $EC team that doesn't bother me too much, probably because they haven't been relevant till this year. Having said that, I expect them to kick the s##t out of us on New Years Day!

I think we have been pretty relevant. We haven't won the big one with Mark Richt, but we have a pretty good record overall.

The current head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs is Mark Richt, who joined the Bulldogs in 2001 after serving as the offensive coordinator of the Florida State Seminoles under Bobby Bowden.Since Richt's tenure began, Georgia has won two SEC championships – 2002 and 2005 – and 6 of their 7 SEC East Division Championships – 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012. (Out of those years Georgia represented the East in the SEC Championship Game in all but 2007.) Including bowl games, Richt’s record, as of November 21, 2012, is 116–39–0. His bowl record through 2010 is 7–3. Richt has been a fixture in the recruiting world ending up with top 5 classes the past 3 years. On October 8, 2011 Richt won his 100th career game as UGA's coach against Tennessee at Neyland Stadium 20–12.

Under Richt, Georgia is 8-4 against Tennessee, 4-8 against Florida, 8-4 against Auburn, and 10-1 against Georgia Tech, including games from 2001–12. In 2011, under Richt, Georgia defeated Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and Georgia Tech in the same season for the first time since 1981.

UGA has finished in the top ten of the final AP polls 9 times in 11 years since Richt has been head coach including rankings of #3 in 2002 and #2 in 2007. There is a good chance UGA finishes top 5 this year. I wouldn't say we have been irrelevant. Perhaps, we have not lived up to our potential and under performed some years, but I think a lot of the teams we have kept from going to the SEC Championship game would not say we are irrelevant.

Georgia has not been a pushover team, but has flown under the radar with their accomplishments. I think the reason for that is because of LSU, Alabama, South Carolina and Auburn (for one year). I thought this year was your guy's year though! I wouldn't say Georgia was not irrelevant, but I would say they are a school that remains under the radar. Even when they are excelling.

The current head coach of the Georgia Bulldogs is Mark Richt, who joined the Bulldogs in 2001 after serving as the offensive coordinator of the Florida State Seminoles under Bobby Bowden.Since Richt's tenure began, Georgia has won two SEC championships – 2002 and 2005 – and 6 of their 7 SEC East Division Championships – 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011, and 2012. (Out of those years Georgia represented the East in the SEC Championship Game in all but 2007.) Including bowl games, Richt’s record, as of November 21, 2012, is 116–39–0. His bowl record through 2010 is 7–3. Richt has been a fixture in the recruiting world ending up with top 5 classes the past 3 years. On October 8, 2011 Richt won his 100th career game as UGA's coach against Tennessee at Neyland Stadium 20–12.

Georgia has not been a pushover team, but has flown under the radar with their accomplishments. I think the reason for that is because of LSU, Alabama, South Carolina and Auburn (for one year). I thought this year was your guy's year though! I wouldn't say Georgia was not irrelevant, but I would say they are a school that remains under the radar. Even when they are excelling.

That's certainly fair. Another thing that has hurt UGA is that recently (especially in 2008, 2009) we under-performed and much of it was on the national stage. We lost to a very good OK State team. We lost to a poor Colorado team. We lost to Boise State. We lost to UCF and Michigan State in Bowl games. This is what the national audience remembers, because these were nationally televised games. We have also lost to USCe the last three years and these have been nationally televised.

Of course, as you stated, we also get overlooked because Alabama, LSU and UF get most of the media attention. We are the "also ran" like Wisconsin in the B1G playing second fiddle to Ohio State and Michigan. Hopefully, we can take that next big step at some point soon.

Richt has done pretty well, we had a coupla down years in '09(8-5) & '10(6-7)...he's 118-40 overall.

Coaches Poll rankings...

'01-24th...(8-4)

'02-3rd...(13-1)

'03-6th...(11-3)

'04-6th...(10-2)

'05-10th...(10-3)

'06-23rd...(9-4)

'07-2nd...(11-2)

'08-10th...(10-3)

'09-NR...(8-5)

'10-NR...(6-7)

'11-19th...(10-4)

'12-6th currently...(11-2)

Agree with everything you said. We habitually under-perform every year, but it's slightly more complicated. We have speed talent up the whazoo, but we are always lacking on the O and D lines. Quick, name a player besides Suh that played line (either side of the ball) in the last 3 years and is in the NFL? Uh, Carl Nicks? Now, name NU speed players in the last 3 years now in the NFL. I can think of at least 10 in the time it took me to write this sentence. So, yes, we have tons of NFL players, but most of that talent is wasted because they don't have good lines to play behind.

Ricky Henry (Saints)

Jamarcus Hardrick (Saints)

Jared Crick (Texans)

Keith Williams (Bills)

Matt Slauson (Jets)

Zach Potter (Jaguars)

Carl Nicks (Bucks)

Mike McNeill (Rams)

Marcel Jones (Saints)

More than you think

Ok, let me rephrase. Players in the NFL that actually make a difference.

Ricky Henry (Saints) Has played in 1 pro game in his career

Jamarcus Hardrick (Saints) Has never played a pro game

Jared Crick (Texans) 2nd-string, 20 tackles in 13 games

Keith Williams (Bills) 2nd-string

Matt Slauson (Jets) Played in 2008, outside criteria

Zach Potter (Jaguars) Played in 2008, outside criteria

Carl Nicks (Bucks) Played in 2007, outside criteria

Mike McNeill (Rams) 3rd-string, 4 career catches

Marcel Jones (Saints) Hasn't played since preseason

So, in the last 3 years, we have 1 player (Suh) who starts in the NFL, and only 4 players that have played more than 1 game. Pretty poor showing, if you ask me. For comparison, Wisconsin has:

Garrett Graham (Texans) Starter

Travis Beckum (Giants) Starter

Gabe Carimi (Bears) Starter

Lance Kendricks (Rams) Starter

Peter Konz (Falcons) Starter

John Moffitt (Seahawks) Starter

Bill Nagy (Lions) Starter (before season-ending knee injury)

Matt Shaughnessy (Raiders) Starter

Kraig Urbik (Bills) Starter

J.J. Watt (Texans) Starter

Kevin Zeitler (Bengals) Starter

If this doesn't prove my point, then nothing will.

If people want to know how Wisconsin has had so much success recently, this is how.

Dominate the line, and you will win a lot of football games.

Not a UGA fan but can offer my perspective if you care! Having played both teams within the last two years, I bet it'll be a good matchup. UGA probably has more team speed but isn't invincible, we did fine against it and you should too. Your QB is fast himself and I thought yall looked good against SC last year in the bowl so I'd expect about the same this year.