why i hate michigan

i was looking on some michigan football websites and they say that they have won 11 national championship's in football. Come to find out that 8 of the 11 titles were before 1936. Well there was no AP poll or any kind of poll before 1936 so what makes them the national champions in those 8 years? That is so lame and weak to state that you have won 11 titles to make you sound so prestigous and then to find out that 8 of them are not even in the modern era of football. and there has only been one since 1948 and they shared it with nebraska. i am sure nu basketball had some undefeated season when it first started playing way back in the day, like when they played the ymca team of omaha and what not, so why don't we go around and say nu basketball is the 4 time national champions. you get my point.

i was looking on some michigan football websites and they say that they have won 11 national championship's in football. Come to find out that 8 of the 11 titles were before 1936. Well there was no AP poll or any kind of poll before 1936 so what makes them the national champions in those 8 years? That is so lame and weak to state that you have won 11 titles to make you sound so prestigous and then to find out that 8 of them are not even in the modern era of football. and there has only been one since 1948 and they shared it with nebraska. i am sure nu basketball had some undefeated season when it first started playing way back in the day, like when they played the ymca team of omaha and what not, so why don't we go around and say nu basketball is the 4 time national champions. you get my point.

I know what your saying but Nebraska fans do this all the time. We dig back into the History books. Albeit, a more recent History than 1936?!?!?!

i was looking on some michigan football websites and they say that they have won 11 national championship's in football.  Come to find out that 8 of the 11 titles were before 1936.  Well there was no AP poll  or any kind of poll before 1936 so what makes them the national champions in those 8 years? That is so lame and weak to state that you have won 11 titles to make you sound so prestigous and then to find out that 8 of them are not even in the modern era of football.  and there has only been one since 1948 and they shared it with nebraska. i am sure nu basketball had some undefeated season when it first started playing way back in the day,  like when they played the ymca team of omaha and what not, so why don't we go around and say nu basketball is the 4 time national champions.  you get my point.

I know what your saying but Nebraska fans do this all the time. We dig back into the History books. Albeit, a more recent History than 1936?!?!?!

NU fans dig back into the record books they dont make anything up. That is the difference.

:wtf

I can't believe these guys haven't gotten over '97 yet..... holy $hit....

Man, I was pissed NU had to share it with Michigan.... Michigan was clearly the #2 team in the country.... But, if a bunch of "coke-bottled" glasses, uncoordinated, non-athletic "writers name them #1, then so be it....... it's not like the coaches, who actually played the game, live the game, breath the game possibly know more than a bunch of geeks who can't play sports for a living. Hell, these are the guys who took drama class instead of going out for athletics.....

By the way..... by '97, the national "geek" media was getting tired of NU being national champs yr - yr - yr - yr....... (oh, by the way ..team of the decade)....so anyone that was remotely close, was going to get their vote...

Michigan was very lucky to share that title...... :rollin

By the way....this years game will prove nothing.... and anyone who says..."We are going to show them....or pay them back for '97 is a frigin idiot... I am not sure there is a single connection between the teams of '97 and '05......

oh, besides NU is still better :clap

:yeah:yeah:yeah

hanc,

relax dude the game is 3 weeks away and if you dont pace yourself you might not be able to give us your words of wisdom after NU beats UM.

this game will settle nothing on the '97 issue.

GBR beat UM

:restore2:power

:horns2

No worries husker rob...... there is a lot more "wisdom" :woo where that came from :lol:

I'm just havin' fun...... i actually really respect their program...... and I am impressed with this year's version..... this post was in response to all the "dumb fans" on both sides who can't let '97 go...... :smokin

Furthermore, I am pumped because KC and I jsut booked our trip to SA.... we have gone on many, many trips together and they are wild.... I just needed to get back into "form" before we hit the town :thumbs

* All in fun :clap

hanc

i read that you booked your trip on the other thread...good for you. I was at the Nebraska/Florida NC game and you are right nothing like it. ASU stadium holds 80,000 (est) and at least 60,000 were wearing red. it definitely was another home game.

i was sitting on the florida side of the field and loved doing the gator chomp every time we sacked wuerfful.

have fun and drink a beer for me :cheers

:restore

hanc

i read that you booked your trip on the other thread...good for you. I was at the Nebraska/Florida NC game and you are right nothing like it. ASU stadium holds 80,000 (est) and at least 60,000 were wearing red. it definitely was another home game.

i was sitting on the florida side of the field and loved doing the gator chomp every time we sacked wuerfful.

have fun and drink a beer for me :cheers

:restore

:) appreciate the well wishes

My dad and I went to the Florida - NU game too....it was my first bowl game.... I think it may have been the best game-trip of my life....we had a great time before-during and after the game at bars.

Hell, I think I was doing the gator chop more than UF fans.....

Great experiences that will last a life-time....that is why being a "sports" fan is rewarding..... the people you meet and the experiences that you can have...

Bummer about working 24 hr shifts....maybe something will work out :thumbs

yes there are a lot of good bars in tempe around the stadium which is why ASU is one of the top party towns in the country.

my favorite play of that game was not TF 67yd touch down run, but when the FL player got blasted on a kick off return by a walkon special teamer. i felt bad when i found out he seperated his hip but man the hits NU gave them just kept coming.