Big 12 north - Wide open.

HSKRNOKC

Back to the topic.... It may not even matter if Iowa State beats us if they lose to all three south teams they play, which is very possible considering they are playing the three toughest. We draw Texas, which is tough, OK state, not so tough, and TX AM, who knows how tough. If we take care of our own games, the game in Ames will probably be meaningless as far as getting to the title game.

Or the "fact" that you posted about how Auburn won a NC under Tuberville.

Man, you are grasping for air aren't you. Keep holding on to that Auburn thing. Ironically you still can't figure out that anything between ( ) is considered an opinion. What's even more funny is your use of ( ) in your posts to express additional OPINIONS. But hey, i guess it's ok for you to use parenthesis to express an opinion but when i do, i am supposedly stating facts.

parenthesis – the punctuation marks ( ) used to enclose your own explanatory materials in a phrase or sentence of your own; use sparingly

That is a simple 12th grade English Glossary explanation taught at the HIGHSCHOOL level.LINK

Like has been pointed out before, you posted that just like you posted how many other teams actually have won NCs. If it was "your opinion" :dumdum then you should have used IMHO :wacko:

Definitions:

1) either of two punctuation marks (or) used to enclose textual material

2) digression: a message that departs from the main subject

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Since you dont know the difference between "explanatory materials " and "opinions" Im sure that this one will get by you too.

Fact: Auburn hasnt won a NC since the 50s. If its of your opinion that they have, which wouldnt suprise me, then......... :dumdum

Spin, spin, spin....

Ahh i see..so you are going to use Mac's record in the past.

Yep, thats normally how you tell how good a coach is. Or I could be like you and say "He's a great coach, cause I said so!!!" :dumdum

Try this one on for size. Billy C (as you keep referring to him) has a winning record. Mac doesn't.

You must have forgotten that billy c took over a program that had won 80% of its games in the 31 years prior to his arrival, and he lead that team to its first losing season in 40 years. Mac took over a team that was terrible, hadnt had a good season since the early 80's/70's and made them winners. Let me simplify it, NU is a traditional power who has a long record of success, ISU isnt. But I guess that "real fans" consider ISU and NU equals, huh? They both made a turnaround in their program, Macs was positive, billy c's, not so positive. But oh well, he had 1 good recruiting class, or and one good game in 2 years :thumbs .

Callahan is in his second year, Mac is in his 10th year (when Callahan has coached 10 years, then come compare what MAC does to Callahan did).
billy c wont be here 10 years, IMO.

Here's another reality for you. Bill C has gotten NU back into a bowl game. If you want to hold on to last year and use it as your only source of ammo, good luck, let me know how that works out for you.
Reality??? NU never should have lost 6 games last year. TO or FS would have won 9 games easily last year.

90% of Husker fans realize it's 2005, not 2004.
Since your knowledge of the history of football is lacking, the bowl streak that billy c ended was one of the greatest in all sports when he ended it. Just one game, just one season. But I guess that 35 yr bowl streaks grow on trees, huh :wacko: Just like 5 :star recruits.

NU beat ISU. That's a reality.
Facts are facts. NU is 7-4, and are going to the Alamo Bowl. But they are 2 plays from a 2nd consecutive 5-6 season. You can deny it all you want, but it is what it is.
yeah you're done.

I was addressing the fantasy re-play victory of NU over the Clones and stating fact, not opinion, that it took a double overtime and CAREER day by Taylor to beat the clones in Lincoln without Hicks. Just a plain fact of what actually happened. No woulda, coulda, shoulda involved. The loss to NU is historical fact. However, the fantasy game is up for grabs.

If you want to talk about improvement, the margin of victory by NU in Lincoln over ISU decreased from their last meeting. 2005 was as close to beating NU in Lincoln as the Clones have come.

To say that ANYONE KNOWS that NU would win a replay is pure fantasy. I can fantasize as well as anyone! dedhoarse

:wtf Since the REAL game won't be played till next year (in AMES), I guess I'll be done then.

Thanks for playing! :dumdum:wasted:dumdum

I see the point, but I was addressing the "I think ISU would win easily in a rematch". That certainly isn't fact. But on to the fact you mentioned, I think the only reason it took a career record-day from taylor to win the game was that our defense put us in that position. That's what I had meant.

ahh, anyway.. it doesn't matter :D Should be a good game down in Ames next year for sure, we'll see if it was a fluke that ISU stayed so close at Lincoln, or if it was a fluke that NU won.

Hey former fan - and all you other so called cornhusker fans that like to bash the current regime - Nebraska will take the Big 12 North by storm next year. We get three vital playmakers - herian, octavian and bradley - back to full health. Taylor and the crew will have another year of experience under their belts. If Callahan, John Blake and the rest of the coaches have a recruiting class close to last year's, we'll lets just say we'll be in the process of restoring the order.

Iowa State's window of opportunity has passed them by, let alone they blew their best chance this year by losing at home to baylor community junior high and to kansas.

Oh by the way bud, if mccarney and the crew are such better coaches then callahan and the boys, explain to me how the hell they can beat the crapeyes (Iowa) then gag away games to baylor and ku? i think they're both right about in the same boat. both had outstanding wins (nu vs cu, isu vs darth vader and co.) heartbreaking losses (nu v tech, isu to the skers) and bad losses (nu v mizzou, ku, isu to baylor and ku).

for the future years, cu's going to be in shambles for a couple years yet. kstate's heading back to mediocrity, isu doesn't have the resources to compete with nebraska, ku is still a basketball school and who knows what's going to happen with mizzou over the next few years.

their's room on the wagon for next year for you guy so called fans. hope it doesn't fill up before you realize this program's heading back to the top and the wagons already full.

GO BIG RED!!! :restore2

Oh I forgot to add this formerfan - the reason Nebraska went from top dawg to midlevel team was not because of Bill Callahan. It was because of Frank the Tank Solich!

Let me remind you of the mere fact that once Osborne's well of recruits dried up in late 2001, the program proceeded to take a dive in the wrong direction. 7-7 says enough about that. The 10-3 season was a flat out mirage. Teams on the schedule were down that year (CU went 5-6 among others) or we played them without some of their best players at the time.

It used to be that when we played teams like KState and Iowa State that we'd have players they wanted at almost every starting position. By the end of the tank's era the roles were reversed - which for some like your self is acceptable. for those of us that support the team like true fans that situation was completely unacceptable. that and the fact that when the darth vaders from iowa city started raiding our best out of omaha, allowing solich to continue as coach was not looking good.

Lest I have to remind you that going into the K-State game that year that out of the 24 possible starters (we're counting the punter and kicker here too), Nebraska had maybe one player that K-State would have wanted --- and the was the punter, a complete role reversal from just a few years before. That alone should have had him fired. Then getting blown out in Lincoln by those turkeys was the final straw in the solich era. He had five years to prove that he could recruit and he failed miserably!

i happen to believe that if pederson had been hired in december 01 instead of december 02 frank would have never survived the 7-7 debacle.

lets put it this way, blaming callahan and steve for the "alleged" problems accomplishes nothing. yes the 5-6 year stunk, but this year we've showed signs at times of progress. remember, we're missing our most reliable receiver from a couple years ago. recruiting is back on track to where it needs to be. enough of the griping! lets support the team and put our differences aside lest we become mizzou north.

GO BIG RED!!! :restore2

Facts are facts. NU is 7-4, and are going to the Alamo Bowl. But they are 2 plays from a 2nd consecutive 5-6 season. You can deny it all you want, but it is what it is.

You could also say we are a play or two away from 8-3 or 9-2. I know you wouldn't say that though. <_<

Back to the topic, unless ISU gets a kicker they will never win the North. :wacko:

You could also say we are a play or two away from 8-3 or 9-2. I know you wouldn't say that though. <_<

Back to the topic, unless ISU gets a kicker they will never win the North. :wacko:

That's to much reality for him to handle in 1 day.